PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I had my CCW class tonight. Three more classes to go.
Tonight was totally awesome!!!! We got to shoot an H and K MP5...a machine gun!!!!!!! DUDE!!! It is like the most fun you can have with your clothes on!! The guy who brought it in let us shoot it all we wanted to!! Oh man it totally rocked!! My cheeks actually hurt from smiling so much!!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Today was our final weigh in for the weight loss contest. I lost 4 pounds this week for a total of 18.6 pounds in 12 weeks. I won second place in the contest and won $75!! YAY ME!! I lost 20 1/2 inches over all...and 2 inches where I did NOT want to lose it!! LOL!! My mom won 3rd place. She has lost over 78 pounds in total now!! Go Mom!! The first place winner lost 23 pounds.

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ok, how are you losing all this weight!?!? Especially with six kids? I only have two and watch one more (am thinking about trying to get more kids to watch) and I don't seem to have any time. How do you do it?

ETA: What a jerk I am! I completely forgot to congratulate you. That is FANTASIC weight loss! Congratulations!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Pam - I bet you are thrilled to have done so well! Congratulations! And a big "WAY TO GO" to mom too! :thumbsup

Certainly God blessed you with that prize money, just as you were needing money for kids camp fees. He is so good!

OkieAnnie

City slicker gone rural
Reaction score
:clap :thumbsup

Way to go! and way to go to your mom, too! So fantastic!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Thank you all!

I just cut back on what I was eating. Cut out a lot of the junk food. I also started walking on the treadmill 4 days a week.
I used to always go back and have a second plate of food. I have found that I really am not hungry even though I only have one serving. I have also been drinking lots of water!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
Today was our final weigh in for the weight loss contest. I lost 4 pounds this week for a total of 18.6 pounds in 12 weeks. I won second place in the contest and won $75!! YAY ME!! I lost 20 1/2 inches over all...and 2 inches where I did NOT want to lose it!! LOL!! My mom won 3rd place. She has lost over 78 pounds in total now!! Go Mom!! The first place winner lost 23 pounds.
That is simply wonderful! Congratulations on your hard work and your cash win! That makes it even sweeter! :thumbsup

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
How wonderful for you and your mom. Well all except for that 2 inches you did not want to lose. LOL

You have done fantastic and so has your mom. :thumbsup to you both.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I thought this was very fitting for us SSers!

One day, the father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the express purpose of showing him how poor people live.

They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family.
On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, 'How was the trip?'
'It was great, Dad.'

'Did you see how poor people live?' the father asked.
'Oh yeah,' said the son.

'So, tell me, what did you learn from the trip?' asked the father.

The son answered:
'I saw that we have one dog and they had four.

We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end.

We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night.

Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon..

We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight.

We have servants who serve us, but they serve others.

We buy our food, but they grow theirs.

We have walls around our property to protect us, they have friends to protect them.'
The boy's father was speechless.
Then his son added, 'Thanks Dad for showing me how poor we are.'
Isn't perspective a wonderful thing? Makes you wonder what would happen if we all gave thanks for everything we have, instead of worrying about what we don't have.
Appreciate every single thing you have, especially your friends!
'Life is too short and friends are too few.'