Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh no.... poor Tallie and poor you! First your tummy and then hers.... Guess she didn't make it to puppy class, huh? Hope she feels better soon.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks guys, shes still not herself, but I notced blood I her poop and wen I checked it...a roundworm wiggling about. the blood was bright red (no digestion) which means if its ablockage its lkely one mae of nasy little wormies in the lower intestines (the longer the blood sits the darker it gets, stomach blocages tend to produce black tarry stool as the lood sits in the somach digesting...this was BRIGHT red meaning wherever is coming from is in he small intestine and close to "exit"
worms are the number one cause of blood in he tool in puppies and wile shs on ivomec which is a general dewormer...there sbeen plenty of instances of ivomec resistant rounds in horses. so ill safeguard her over the ext few days and then again in 2 weeks to be safe...wormer resistence is becoming al too common :/

I also opend up one of the baggies of chicken...about 5lbs of chicen 1/4s in the rash, I don't know how I didn't ntice the smel yesterday when I fed but YuCK! very heavy sulfur smell..
right now im thinkin a parasite load cauing her system to be a little sensitive and bad chicken ontop. shes drinking an seems to be eeping down fluids, she even perked up arlie and played with her bll for 5mins before back for snuggles.
shes had no foo today and looks at me longingly every time I open the fridge...going to ake her up some plain white rice in a little while and she can tart on that in the morning. don't wan to give her any beore bed for obviousreaons.

in other news...
orthopedics today...
diagnosis, radial nerve palsy (oparalasis)
treatment: Nerve conduction on the 28th, but otherwise brace, rest, ice, and I need to manualy manipilae my hand a few times a day to keepit from seizing up...
prognosis: 8 week recovierytime is BEST case scenario...
unforunaty owever due to the "progress" over thelast almost 2 weeks...he thinks ill be nowhere neer "best case", until he test results come bak though he cant say much more than that...just that some folks require surgery, and some folks NEVER recover fu motion after radial neve damage.

imto"take it easy" an "avid ANY activity where I might bump bang or hit the ousie of myright arm...hello bubble girl.
his suggestion for life right now...find froen dinners I ike becase disheare ging to be ore than diffucilt for T LEAST 2 monts and likely a lot longer. *DOH!*

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Oh Pinky, that sucks. Hope it heals up sooner than they're saying. I seem to recall hearing that B complex is good for nerves. Might be something to look into.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yeah I take my bs religiously due to deficiencies...
I hpe its better than they think too...

im NOT looking forward to the conduction test, ive got a high pain tolllerance but E-Stim always makes me cringy!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well been up ll night worrying about tallie, lots of bouts of heaving.bringing up bile, which could be fom an empty tummy, bu she had a bach of liquid mealic smelling dark poop at 6am and that has me inserious panic mode. theres a vet locally that takes care credt and they open at 7:30 so im gonna start calling them at 7am until I get a bpdy on the phone to let them now were coming.

the only thing holding me together right now is ducttape and sleep deprvation

right now my biggest concerns...
1: bklockage
2: massive worm infestation, possibly causing blockage
3: parvo not sue whe she ould have pickedup parvo but ts not something to mess roud with
4: poisoning,,,mabe from eating somehingtha have ee poisend.

Id say 4 is unlikely....

vibes nd prayes GREATLY appreciated right now..my octove is falling apart and taking me wit it!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
aoitment at 10
gld I called, hes got surgeries this morning so I would have ben sat around for hours.
this givs me chance to get morning chres done at least/

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh my goodness - definitely sending prayers, vibes, best wishes, great hopes and any/everything else positive that I can think of. Poor Tallie - glad you're taking action so quickly!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well October hates me...
im holding ittogether for now
but tallie is a strong parvo positive.

outcome right now is VERY uncertain.

I ased him to be honest eplined I now the business I wa a tech..he said oneslty 50/50, he explaind what he would be doing if she stayed, just as I already new, fluids, anti nausea, antibiotics...
he also said I could take her home force feed her fluids and so the meds, so I aksed him if hed be willing to sen me home with lactated ringers for sub q...and what the chances ere for vet vs home...he said sure on the sub q and chances depend on how ontop of things Im willing to be...sid if im diligent on giving meds, fluids evey 3-4 hours, encourage her to eat little and often oce shes ready...then the same as the hospital, mabe 5% better du to her being at home and comfortable...

so home we are, just gave her her pils and her firt batch of fluids
and I cant fall apart just yet.

little ginger kitten is supposed to be heading home a little after noon so time to ge tout of my dressig own (I stripped off before coming inside...) and time to head out. got to pick up a big ug of bleach while out too...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OH Pink - I'm sooo sorry! But, you are right - you can NOT fall apart because you've got a pup to save. If love, hard work, good nursing and will- power can save her then she's got a good chance.

:hugs