Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
whent to the party, it was good...managed to block out the bad for a while...

came home crashed...

got up this morning feeling generaly numb
morning chores underway...
another dead baby bunny on the wire...
lost one yesterday to the same, and 2 others ftom that liter were peanuts
justa baby rabbit...but it set the tone...a reminder of eveyting

then came in, made breakfast, oatmeal cause it cold out...ddnt even chec the milk...yup, sour...took me a bite to realize it...
and just when tto the fridge to get a banana instead...and they are too mushy to eat as is...

ive got nothing left. every so often my eyes well up and I feel the sting of tears, ut only 1 or 2 fall...theres nothing left in the well...
I don't understand...and I never will...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't understand either, Pink. You are the most conscientious pet owner I've ever seen, and something like this happens. Many years ago I lost a vaccinated pup to parvo too.... it's a horrible disease. Vet told me that since she was vaccinated, she'd probably not have such a bad case - she died within 12 hours of him saying that...

I'm so glad you got out last night. Anything you can do right now to keep your mind from running in circles about this will hopefully help. There's a lot of us out here thinking about you. Sorry about the buns too...today was not a good day for critters... I lost my sheep today too.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
tllie was fuly vac too, vet said the same, makes me wonder how good those vacinatios actualy are...

im so sorry about your sheepies. *hugs*
trying to keep busy, whent to a friends house for dinner and watched a movie...company helps distract and without dstractions id only be getting ot of bed to sort the crtters...
im feeing completely drained.

tomorrow starts blitz thehouse clean up, everything that can be bleached will be.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'll be burying Cindy this morning, so I know how rough it is. :hugs

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
*hugs*

todays been rough. arm is realy aching, been doing dog laundry and bleached down the livingroom, pace up the 24" crate ad put that away.
going to start on my beroom in a few mins. going to have to get a carpt cleaner in there before ill consider it truly parvo free" but for now ill spray the carpets with bleach solution until there damp and let them air dry...
debating on wether I should put myself through the hassle of dragging the 42" crate out of the bedroom (not enough room in the bedroom to do it) to foldit up and store it or just tos a blanket over it and use it ie a desk. the cats lie to sleep ontop of it so...

after that ill probably try to finnish the skirt section of my Saturday Halloween outfit...

tomorrow will get the kitchen, bathroom and back bedroom bleached and start working on my tail...

if I don't give myself time to think...I should be ok...

ok. laundry and a bedroom to get done.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yesterday was another hard one.
was the day I clled petsmart to see about a refund on classes (jut ot to take my credit card and recipt in) and emailed the breeder and let her know what happened to Tallie...
I was dreading the response frm the breede but she was ind and gentle, exmplained that she understood and repeated that dobes are more prne and less apt to recover from the dreaded parvo.
what I ddnt expect was her question...would I be interested in adopting Tallies mother?
I was expecting tobe called a careless monster aninstead she asks that?

turns out that tallie itter of 13 was the 2nd time this girl had very large litters, and its taing its toll on her and the family having to supliment litters, its also leading to pups of smallr than normal weights and that's not the desire...sh also thinkgs tis girl needs a "job" with mental stimulation and is lookingto place her in a home with someone whos loking to self train a service or therapy dog (since she cnt do search and rescue as she refuses to eve her persons side)
I told her im sti hurting bad and don't want to make any rash decisions...im also waiting for the test for my hand as that may also dictate many things...
but asked her to te me everything she could about her personality, training ect a it might be good match. but obviously inot willing to ump without all the infor and until I know its what I need to do (I wil admit, fter n issue with the neighbors showing up again twice the night before last at 11:30 and 1am...I spent yesterday tiking I realy do need a visual deterant since "you almost got greeted with a .45 in the face" seems to go right over their heads

I have to be sure though tht im cting because its whti want and need in my life and not ust because im hurting and thiningof a bandaid...his is a 2 year old do with an average lifespan of 12....I ont want to spend the net 10 years with a bad fit because I didn't think things through, wouldn't be fair to her.

I do know shes good with other female and maledogs, and mall ones too, and shes good in the car, those things I coud tell from meeting her.
I also want to talk to the vet about risks to a fully vaccinated adult dog...I now the risks in most breeds are pretty none existant after a year, BUT now nowing how seisnti dobs are to prvo I want to be sure I owuldnt be putting her in any unue risk either.

todays kinda a dread day...going up to petsmart later to getmy refund...ive found tlking about it outloud to be the thing thatbrings that breaks me down.
meetig with some frineds afterwards for dinner at Panera though so the ditrction will be welcomed!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow - what a turn of events! I think you're smart for thinking it through - but this might be just the way things are supposed to be, ya know? I think everything happens for a reason, and as hard as losing Tallie was, this dog might need you more. And having a grown dobe looking out after you can't be a bad thing!

Hope your hand gets better.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Wow, I pretty much agree with fem....everything happens for a reason, and this may be a good fit for you, considering circumstances and everything you have going on lately.

I hope you enjoy your time out with friends sis :hugs

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Pinky, I so relate to how your feeling right now. I'm struggling w/the same.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
its a tough spot to be in *hugs*

I found an RV I realy like...but ive no idea where id get $3000 from
its too small fr mum and dad realy but perfect for me 22ft long, 94' model, A-class, justneeds a new genny circuit board...
but its all pipe reams, too much debt right now t take any more lonage out...

got word fro the usda, my agent is out of office till Monday...
doesn't matter much because all unaproved funds are now on hold until further notice (spring 2014 is the estiate) so even though I was already aprived, sice my amounts arnt in yet...

if I do end up staing here for the witer im goig to have to have the tank pumps and hope it sees me through until spring

anywho...
im alive, still thinking abouth tallies momma...im leaning to yes, but I want to see whats going on hand wis first, its also a REAY long drive (4 1/2 hrs one way)and im not ure im up for that drve again..ickd my butt last time.

well see.