Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If you do take her, any chance you guys could meet in the middle?

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
shes about 2 hours south of where we met last time and that's as far as shes wiling to go.
im sti thinking on it...but i don't think this one is meant t be...
my friend over in Nashville owever sent me a contact, shes got a fiend with a 2 yr old female, basic obedience trained, goodon leash, house broken, crate trained, and currently lives with a pack of chihhuahuas, her human ust fell and broe her hip and the dobe is ut too active for her to handle anymore...(the Chihuahuas are doggy door trained but the door isn't big enough for the dobe) shes only 2 1/2 hours away, so ive contacted her for more info about how she is with strangers and cats...see mybiggest concerns are i need a dog whos not going to eat the other pets...one whos interested in learning and one who why is not aggressive when out and about can ignore distratction, primarily the distraction of HUMANS...i need a dog who would rather ignore peope than say hello.

this girl is at risk of being taken to a shelter if a home not found, and while a shlter isn't the end all do all (no kill) if this is a good match and i can help a dog not have to send time in a cell...id rather something good come out of all the tragedy lately.

*fingers crossed* if this works out my friend might also be able to help transport.

anywho.
got a haloween party tonight...
truffles are made, was originally going to make dirt cake but right now hand and the abilty to wash messy things said no to pudding LOL!
truffles MUCH esier.

gonna have some lunch and by then the house should be warm enough to take a shower...
then a couple hours to toole around before tim to get dressed. i managed to battle through with the hand and finish my tail, but didn't manage to do the fur jacket i wanted to make...oh well the house is usually kept failry warm.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey Pink - did I miss something? You said something about an RV, and "if I do stay here for the winter"???? You thinking about moving?

My DH spent a winter in an RV in El Paso, TX---- and it was the coldest winter they'd had in awhile.. everything in the city froze up! He thought he'd be ok, because he had water in the holding tank, but even with a heater under the bay where the lines are - they froze too! He said he'd never been so cold in his life and that's with all heaters blowing full-blast and an electric blanket! No matter how good the RV is - I just don't think they can ever have enough insulation for really cold weather.

How's the hand?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah fem she may be leaving me :( Hi Pinky! :frow Have fun at your party!!! The other dog sounds like it might be good. :hu

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if I go the rv route id winterize the unit competly which soul include insulating the undercarriage, and heading south for the winter lol
its all pipe right now since I cant afford anything.

been gone a few days so heres an update...

nerve and muscle conduction tests done...
outlook, could be better but culd be worse...its only partial palsy, it will heal...but its notgoig to be quick.
the study (which OWW btw) showed damage MUCH further up the arm than origionally thought, its almost at my shoulder...the only thing we can come up with isiwas so worried about my flopywrist that I didn't realize I must have it myarm too...

the damage is aproximatly 200mm from the area in my arm where wrist muscle control kicks in..., nerve damage heals at a rate of aproximatly 1mm per day
theres also alotof mucular arophy and some actual trauma damage to the muscle...
so minimum 3 months until I get any real wrist function back, about 7months before I get full function and movement and any real muscular strength and about a year before I get the feeling back properly in my thumb and fingers....

fun times...

the good news is it willheal...but 6 months is a very long time without a working hand...:/ and those numbers re from the day of the condutuion studies...not when I origionally did it now almost a month ago...
so now ive realy got to do some serious figuring out...

I have had a friend staying with me since sunday she lives 2 hours away but ahad this week offworkso decided to come down, hang out and help me out, and wat an amazing help t was...but also a reminder that I am alone...and occasionally lonely, and that I relay don't have anyone local for times like this that can just drop everything to come help me out...
my brain is doing somersaults in terms of trying to figureeveryting out at this point. what do I want vs need ect.

hving my frined here has also bee a realygood distraction from tallie...but now shs gone home...and I now ive got so many decisions to make, my brain is just reeling.
but ill get through.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow, Pink....you're right about good news and bad news. But, I'm glad the good news is that you're gonna heal...even slow healing is better than no healing! And heck, if you're going south for the winter and get to Texas - stop by and say howdy. I've got an extra bedroom!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:) lol
all pipe dreams realy...don't have the money to buy a rig lol

my laptop powercord ha officially goe caput...so I may not be online for a few days. rdered a new cord on Thursday, amazons estimated arrival is the 6th...
REALY hoping it arrives before then...esepcailly since with my hand I cant do anything reay physical to keep busy...I cant paint or craft either...and I don't have TV...
this means way too much time sitting in the quiet...thinking...

but yeah...

if you ot hear fro me in a few days...no need to panic.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
new power cord arrived!
power restored to laptop YAY!

not much else going on around here...
wrist is still n issue...so ive been catching up on some DVD's

whent into town today to buy feed and found out the place I usually buy feed form has closed, building is empty an all signs of life gone...I was only there about 3 weeks ago...WTF?
managed to pick up sme chicen for the dogs but will haveto go back togetting all my feed at the co-op...some stuffs a little more expensive there unfortunately...but not much I can do about that now...the other feed stores are much too far away...
hate when that happens :/

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Pinky, we had the same thing happen here a few years ago. And, the people that worked there didn't know the store was closing until the last day they worked! The owner just informed them that he was closing the store and that this was their last day of work. I miss that store. I think they were friendlier than the store where I'm getting my feed now.