Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the kittens are a week old today!
and they are growing fast!
the first borns trying to open his eyes too!!!!

D7sleepykittens.jpg

(top Mouse, middle Little Bear, bottom Cinder)

D7rubychecksonbabies.jpg

ruby has decided these are HER babies and she will check on them as often as possible, even if i try and tell her otherwise, thankfully mamma doesnt seem to mind one bit as long as they dont start squeeking lol.

D5rawr.jpg

Little Mouse says RAWR!!!!

D51stbornlittlebear.jpg

1st born male "little bear" lookit that smushy face!

D7eyesstartingtoopen2.jpg

look how long hes getting!!!

D5peekaboo.jpg

hard to see but his eye is starting to open :D

D7Mouseaww.jpg

2nd born "mouse" he was the smallest in the litter, now hes right in the middle :)

D7gettinglong.jpg

he fit in my hand when he was born...lol, now hes a little too long lol.

D52ndborn.jpg

look at how cute he is!

and finally
D5cinder3.jpg

3rd born, "cinder"

D7cinder.jpg

lookit that pretty face.

D7cindergettinglong.jpg

even shes getting long, but mouse over took her and shes now the smallest, though not by much :)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
so THINK ive got my tn trip planned...if i can get some help form the parents on monetary...

the plan is to fly out on a weds, stay at howard johnsons in nashville (its got yick reveiws but the price is right and they have breakfast.)

the thusday will be look at houses in north central (westmoreland and surround), friday ill head to the other side of nashville (dickson area) and look at houses and areas around there...
sat ill head down to the south central area and look around the pulaski area, may do the same on sunday. then monday and tuesday will be spent exploring nashville, going to the zoo and generally "vacationing" and ill fly home the following wednesday.

its going to cost about $250 for the flight, $100 for the car, $250 for the hotel, then gas, food and fun money...
in the origional road trip method it would have cost me about $500 in gas alone so i think this might be the better option, dad might have air miles i might be able to use, and did offer to help with gas cost if i were to do the drive so mabe instead he'll offer to help with flight or something.

so yeah...
should be fun.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well some GOOD news about the trip.
looks like my mum might be comming, dads going to pay for her flight and we'll split the cost of the car and the hotel room...
so that will be a big help, and itll be nice to have company...

that is of course all pending mums visit to the dr, shes got torn tendons in the shoulder and a bone spur, so shes seeing an orthopedic surgeon next week...
he may turn around and say "surgery" in which case itll all depend on that...
but it would be nice to have the company and split the cost of the trip too.

so we'll see what happens.

my ONLY concern with this whole situation if mum comes is wondering if we can trust my sister, dad and brother to make sure all the critters get fed, regular potty breaks, ect.

my sister tends to be a procrastinator, my dad has a short temper and works and my brother forgets...(hes disabled so he at least has something of an excuse lol)

i swear well come back and the house will be falling down, theyll have lived on chinese and pizza the entire time and the critters will be rattling their bowls. lol

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Last time I went away, my son fed the goats. I don't know how much feed he gave them, but they couldn't eat it all. I only give them a cup a day. They don't really need it, but this helps keep them friendly. (Or spoiled.) Plus, he gave them about 1/2 a bale of hay. And, since I only have 2 goats, they didn't eat all of that. :barnie

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lol, yup sounds like what would hapen, wed go away and come back to find the chickens have gone through an entire bag of feed that would normally last 2 months!

in a REAL update:

today was a busy day...
swimming this morning followed by a late afternoon of starting to prep the garden area...dad broke out his "new" tiller (the things about 50 yrs old, but its new to him) and we marked out where the beds are going and gave the entire area a good tilling...
this week im going to attack the chicken cleanout piles from last year and dump a bunch of the well broken down stuff in there along with some peat and dad will hit it with the tiller again. im suprised considering the rest of the garden is a big sand dune (we only have about 12 inches of topsoil under that is LITERALLY grey sand!)
but there was a veggie patch back there when we moved in about 10 yrs ago, we tried to keep it up but didnt know about the deer and woodchuck then...and considering nothing has been done with it the dirt (tilled down about 2 ft) is nice and dark and rich...a little sandy...but nothing compared to the rest of the garden.

once that was done we built a compost bin out of pallets...whatever isnt broken down enough to put in the beds to be tilled in will get shifted into there :)

its such a big thing cause i seriously doubted wed ever get this started...

its not "mine" obviously...but mums wanted a veggie garden for a while so its nice that this is getting done :)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yick, have my ladies yearly apt today and my deppo shot...i dont mind the shot, but yearly sucks!
*makes pouty face*
stupid womanly body stuffs!

anywho. the weather is not bad today so today will be moving some composted chicken bedding to the tilled patch along with the bag of peat, so dad can get that tilled in tomorrow afternoon (as hes working from home tomorrow)
gonna see if i can get some WELL aged manure from somewhere local too.
want to get everything off to a realy good start.

and im going to hydrofitness tonight, misses last weeks.

new kitten pictures will be comming tomorrow, all eyes are open and weve started purring and actually controling their own movements and actually lifting their own body weight now...yup, were actually walking...all be it, clumsily lol.

in other news, im putting serious internet legwork into this potential trip in a couple of weeks. ive emailed the towns the houses im most interested are in to see if there are any restrictions.
theres one in pulaski tn that i REALY like on 2 1/2 acres, but the municiple code is realy weird.
theres no mention onrestrictions of livestock...
but it does mention that you can only have 20 "fowl" per acre but a minimum of 5 acres or somethign along those lines...

im not buying something unless i can have my little homestead, thats the whole point of this adventure...
so we'll see what they come back with.

ive also got to drop an emial to my mortgage guy this week with some links and see what he says/thinks, in terms of being able to get financing via fha or needing something more conventional.
the only real difference itll make is down payment needed.

so thats the update so far...nothing realy interesting...but its something at least.
my lilac shrubs buds are realy thinking hard about opening, and i even have a tulip trying to decide if its going to pop its head up :)
i LOVE spring!