Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:celebrate

because of the insurance type i have and my income turs out i can have some dental and vision benefits at no extra charge...its not alot of coverage but shoudl cover routein check ups once a year, a pair of glasses per year should i need them, a cleaning at the dentist twice a year and a little bit of emergency coverage (ie fillings ect)
this is HUGE weight off the shoulders!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i almost hugged the rep when he was teling me all this...
my last company screwed me over and i chended to these guys but befoe that id called them a bunch of times to try and get someone to come out and explain my benefits and to see if i could actually afford any kind of dental coverage (as the cost of the dentist adds to my already SEVERE dental anxiety) and they kept putting it off and putting it off and never calling back...
these guys ive been with them for less than 3 months, got a "you might qulify for extra benefits" letter in the mail, returned the form and a week later the guys here telling me "well we can offer you this this and this...

i couldnt belive it!
ive bene having more headahes lately (not due to my usual migranes) and then the chipped tooth...and kept thinking i need my eyes tested i need to see a dentist...but i just flat out didnt have the money...but as of next month...i can...

ill be honest in this country i dont understand how peoplewithout health coverage survive...
in the uk were on antional health like most of europe and canada (and obama wants to start here) and while its far from perfect theres a sense of security knowing if you get hit y a buss tomorrow you can go to the hospital and be treated...if you get cancer you can get all the tretment and NOT worry that your going to loose your home due to being unable to afford the bills, or youcrack a tooth and you can call the dentist and go without having to ile for bankrupcy afterwards...

here its like leaving your house is a risk because if something happens and your health insurance doesnt cover (or you have no ins) your SCREWED! you could loose everything all because you stepped off a curb funny and break your ankle or something.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
I am so happy for you! I've been through the same thing picking a medicare supplemental plan. It can be extremely confusing and certainly trying on one's patience figuring out the best choice. Living over 100 miles away from the nearest "city" adds another level of frustration! Go get that tooth fixed and new specs!! I need to make an appt. to get my eyes checked too! I REALLY need new glasses!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Somehow my conputer skipped that you got the insurance, and I had this whole thing typed out and then had to edit it all out :lol: Glad ya got it sis :hugs

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
holy windy batman!!!

hoping my quick tie-down job on my little grenhouse is enough to keep it form vacationing in OZ by morning. walmart didnt have any tent pegs or tent line so right now its literally tied to my fence t-posts with string LOL!
were under a 'nader-watch untill 4am...and all i can think about is...who cares as long as my little greenhouse doesnt blow away LOL!
i plantedseeds in there today, better not go flying away.

generally a good day, got some seeds started, whent for a walk at a smal park in the town closest to me. easier on the gas milage but to be honest not realy the best "walk" its 1 long driveway rather than having an actual walking path...so ive got to measure it out steps wise and see how many times wed have to walk back and forth to get in a mile. which is the abolute bare minimum to make a walk worth it for the beast!
i like that selmer park has a marked 1/2 mile walking track...but its just too far for a regular trip...

the only real downside of today was trying on a peice of garb from my faire days (not that they are truly over) and it not fitting...its a GOOD thing realy because its much too big...but still its sad because i love wearing it and cant afford to replace it.
so yeah a little bitter sweet there lol.
hopefully i can sell it for a little bit and set that money into the "buy myself a new one" fund.

and thats about all there is. im tired and am going to sleep, tornado watch or not...the animals are quite content right now so im taking my cue and going to sleep lol

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Hope your greenhouse survives and that none of y'all are blown to Oz! :fl

I'm sure you find a good seamstress that could alter your garb. No?

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:fl Hope the greenhouse makes it and the tornadoes stay away!

Can you modify your outfit to fit you now Pink? I have a lot of clothes I've 'modified' for the opposite reason :lol: If I find something at the thrift store that I just have to have, that is the wrong size but can be added to or subtracted from, I buy it! One of my friends commented on a shirt I had added to, saying she had seen one just like it at Macy's for $40, but just couldn't buy it. I decided to keep the fact that I paid $1.99 for mine to myself :D
Ah, I see Cheerio had the same idea - I bet if you lived closer, J could fix you right up!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I bet if you lived closer, J could fix you right up!
I was thinking the same thing!

Pinky, I don't know that tent pegs would hold your greenhouse. They're made to pull out easily. What you need is something solidly in the ground-like an augur, or a piece of 4x4 sunk in the ground about 2 ft at least. Then, use cable or heavy rope to tie to that.