Planning for Bird Flu/Swine Flu

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
"On Friday, a team at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the University of Michigan reported that nine out of 10 patients treated in an intensive care unit there were obese. They also had unusual symptoms such as blood clots in the lungs and multiple organ failure."

Maybe it was created to assist with the obesity epidemic...

Bad joke, sorry. :hide

It seems very strange to me that this virus spread globally so quickly. Very suspicious.

I'm trying to avoid anything the WHO says is "urgently needed". No vaccines for us, we'll wash our hands & cover our mouths when we cough & not go to work/school when sick, just like always. Every year I've gotten a flu vaccine, I've gotten the flu. If I don't take it, I don't get sick.

If someone coughs on me though, I might just punch 'em.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
One thing about being obese...

It interferes with your ability to properly utilize vitamin D. Vitamin D does a lot to protect you from colds and flu.

Why do you think my fat (but shrinking) butt is outside everyday getting as much sun as possible? :D

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ugh, I just heard that the CDC is recommending FOUR - yes, FOUR - flu shots for school age children this fall. That's FOUR in ONE season.
Do you think they will try to make them mandatory? There are rumblings about the swine flu vaccine. I will pull my kids out and homeschool in a heartbeat.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Javamama, Good grief I hope not. We're pulling DD out anyways this year, she's getting lost in the school system. DS though is in an excellent special ed program and I don't want to pull him out.

WZ, that explains why my best friend's wife (who is morbidly obese, well over 450 lbs) is always sick with a cold or bronchitis or something, even more than me. And I'm a smoker!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Javamama said:
Ugh, I just heard that the CDC is recommending FOUR - yes, FOUR - flu shots for school age children this fall. That's FOUR in ONE season.
Do you think they will try to make them mandatory? There are rumblings about the swine flu vaccine. I will pull my kids out and homeschool in a heartbeat.
Holy Crap!
With limited availability, I don't kow how they can make it mandatory...I sure hope not. I would pull the kids from school in a heartbeat as well, but DH has different thoughts on the subject. :rolleyes:

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
WZ, that explains why my best friend's wife (who is morbidly obese, well over 450 lbs) is always sick with a cold or bronchitis or something, even more than me. And I'm a smoker!
That is part of it. The other part is the sugar (and other carbohydrates) knock out your immune system. I bet you a kazillion dollars her diet is very high in carbohydrates.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yep, if I were to take that bet, you'd be a rich woman, but I know better :lol:

Doughbuts, cheetos, super sweet southern iced tea, fried chicken with thick batter, white rice, white pasta, white bread, plenty of fast food... it makes my stomach clench.

ETA: :lol: I meant to type DoughNUTS, but its so much funner the way it is!!!

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Javamama said:
Not only that they are talking about a live virus vaccine. Hold on to your hats...we are in for a ride.

This crap paralyzed my mom back in '76 with their last swine flu vaccine.
She did recover but many did not.

Personally, I have www.nutrasilver.com stocked. We will use it if it gets bad. Orally and in a nebulizer.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I read somewhere that you could take lobelia to neutralize a vaccine. I'll have to research that. It can be used as an emetic and an anti-emetic depending on dosage.

There is no way on earth I will take a live vaccine.