Plants--easy money for some!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
strawberries around here any more are crazy 6 bucks for a tiny bare root,. Maybe this year I should pot some and take them to the local market with me

***********HUH--that is high????
yea, go where the money is! :lol:

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
of course just because I would take the time to do it the market for them would drop and I would end up getting like $1 for a potted one. It always seems to work out that way for me. :hu

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
We are about 2 hours depending on traffic from Smuckers in Orrville Ohio. :) We sell our black raspberries and blackberries to them for $90 a flat. LOTS of picking.

Didn't get to take any up to them last year as our berry patches didn't do well at all!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yup nightshade I hear you there...plus at the markets people expect "bargains"
UGH

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Love to do this at the markets, but would get into deep doodoo if they haven't been inspected. Cut flowers are fine. Maybe it's just our locality with all the garden nursery muscle.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I can remember shooting mistletoe out of trees with my dad when I was a kid...we also went into the woods and picked running cedar by the trash bags full and then made it into wreaths.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
OK, I want to see some pictures posted with all you mistletoe hunters standing next to your hanging mistletoe, with gun in one hand, and a proud look on your faces! Caption to read: This year's mistletoe...what a beauty!