Pollster: Americans Are Pre-Revolutionary

jonas1965

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I agree...it's only a matter of time before the big explosion will come...as to when and where it will go off...who knows?? But nevertheless...it is coming...

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
jonas1965 said:
I agree...it's only a matter of time before the big explosion will come...as to when and where it will go off...who knows?? But nevertheless...it is coming...
:welcome

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
abifae said:
jonas1965 said:
What she said. WELCOME! :D

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Recently, I had the mis-fortune to read an article indicating that the adversary is planning a 10th reunion event on 9/11 for all those who managed to miss the first one. What was interesting and thus somewhat less reliable was that both articles, printed in different sources, were the exact same verbiage. Thus, one author and two sources. If anyone remembers the TV series Jericho, this was the exact same "script" only fewer detonations. There is no doubt that our enemies are still our enemies and that they have had essentially unfettered access to our nation for the past 10 years but who is to say that this will be the time/place? Our economy appears to be doing a fine job of tearing us apart as is our 535 elected representatives who don't really appear to have the entire picture or are not giving it to us...which is a real possibility.

No matter what does or DOES NOT happen (we all know that the propoganda wizards spend their time thinking they scare us with threats) we should maintain a constant state of awareness, not necessarily anything more severe. While they have the ability, we aren't sure they have the delivery systems, yet! Then again they might. So keep your coffers filled, your bottles with clean water and your lives in order. Just like it says in the book of Matthew...we can't know the time or place when the wedding guest will come.
To that end, I tell you all, "Keep your head on a swivel, keep your butt down and your powder dry".

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Good point Icu4dzs....As far as i can see, we are still very vulerable. Nothing has really changed, in fact, i think we are less prepared.We are subject to dirty bombs, attackes on weak nuclear power plant protection, poisoning of our water & food supply and countless other evils.I would not be one bit surprised, by any of the mentioned possibitlies.Frankly, we haven't done a darn thing to change the risk from terror. IMO....Such is life in America these days, don't say you weren't warned or it wasn't expected...

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Some interesting facts related to the idea that Americans are "pre-revolutionary".

According to a recent Rasmussen survey , only 17 percent of Americans now believe that the U.S. government has the consent of the governed.

Another Rasmussen survey has found that 85 percent of Americans believe that members of Congress "are more interested in helping their own careers than in helping other people."

A Washington Post poll has found that 78 percent of Americans are dissatisfied "with the way this countrys political system is working". The good news is that in the same poll 77% agreed with the statement "Whatever its faults, the United States still has the best system of government in the world." However, that is down from 89% in 2000. That same poll found that only 26 percent of Americans believe that the federal government can solve the economic problems that we are now facing.

I hope that Congress can gets its' act together. I'd like to think that ff all heck were to break loose in this country, we could start over with a new representative government that eliminates the elite perks for elected officials. However, I don't believe the results would end up being what we want, and would more likely be something very bad like Marxism or even worse. History has taught us that a people that lose their freedom, rarely (if ever) see it again in their lifetime.

S

sunsaver

My feelings exactly! It's a shame that congress only represents the extreme, wacko minorities on the far Left and far Right, instead of doing what the majority of Americans want: economic stimulus and energy independence bills. We should just vote them all out, regardless of political party affiliation. Neither party is representing the wishes of the majority. I think both parties are very unhappy with their elected representatives. What's your score? Take the quiz: http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz/

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
:gig

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 100%
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 100%
According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is...
Libertarians support maximum liberty in both personal and economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government; one that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence. Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility, oppose government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Your PERSONAL issues Score is 100%

Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 70%

According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is...

Libertarians support maximum liberty in both personal and economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government; one that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence. Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility, oppose government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties.

I had a problem with the privatize SS part- a lot of people have paid in their whole lives to see this money- that was supposed to be a "trust fund"- squandered by our government. I do not think that is particularly fair. I don't know what the way out is, but after paying into SS since I was 15, it would be disappointing to me to not have that money back for my retirement. I make a good salary, but I can't afford to pay double for my retirement, especially since I am in the 10 year timeframe for "retiring". Unless the gov't was willing to give me a lump sum check of what I have paid in up till now and have me manage it myself! HA!

(actually, I picked my carreer so I wouldn't have to retire- I can work for as long as my mind holds up. Not that I am looking forward to doing that.)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I scored similarly. I had to chose "maybe" for a few issues that I didn't feel I had enough knowlege of.