Pollster: Americans Are Pre-Revolutionary

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Gee abi...I am so surprised at your results....NOT! LOL

Theo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I guess that's what I was wondering (just thinking outloud)...we may have folks rioting over decreased entitlements on the one hand, & people protesting just the opposite, the out-of-control spending on entitlement programs, on the other hand
That's the interesting thing about this crisis. Tea partiers are mad as hell. Liberals are mad as hell. Centrists are mad as hell. Everybody is upset and the blame is going all over the place.

"Entitlements" include unemployment insurance, which every working American pays for. Many chronically unemployed people are running out of eligibility about now. What's next for them? What happens when you can't get a job, your mortgage is foreclosed on and you can't afford food any more? Lots of people are getting there. I guess these folks are also "zombies", though they would prefer not to be . These are the people I really fear in terms of revolution in America. They have lost everything.

"Jobless recovery" is a huge farce. The more chronically unemployed people there are, the closer we come to civil unrest, riots and mayhem.

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I agree Theo, its already basically started with flash mobbing.Unrest,mayhem and riots as seen in England.We in America have been seeing the flash mob robbing and some violence for the last two years, no riots yet like England.However,America is no stranger to rioting and violence, like you said, " what happens when people can't get a job and pay the mortgage" ? They are willing and able to work, but it isn't happening...! All the red flags and warning signs are clearly visible.Yep, it's a slow burn, but we are in the mist of a steady steep decline.Those who worked all their lives and payed into SS should get a check when they retire.It's the freeloaders collecting other entitlements that are draining and killing us along with plenty of other woes...! Totally unsustainable and something will give.Cival war,again.? Workers versus freeloaders...? What about the rotted goverment we have...? So many problems, so little time to correct..

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
I recently came across a Washington Times article by the Motor City Madman (aka Ted Nugent) that quite nicely sums up the feelings of a lot of Americans.

You Have The Right To Remain Stupid

"I would like to go on record that the U.S. government is now more offensive and in violation of [more] self-evident truths and God-given individual rights and liberties than the British government was in 1775."

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Theo said:
That's the interesting thing about this crisis. Tea partiers are mad as hell. Liberals are mad as hell. Centrists are mad as hell. Everybody is upset and the blame is going all over the place.
And all the people are blaming the government when most folk act just like them. Hard to really blame them when they were knowingly voted in and most of the people want the freebies they are promising. They ARE representing exactly what America currently is.

People here seem to have a bit more sense, but in general, the government is what people ask for.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
abifae said:
Theo said:
And all the people are blaming the government when most folk act just like them. Hard to really blame them when they were knowingly voted in and most of the people want the freebies they are promising. They ARE representing exactly what America currently is.

People here seem to have a bit more sense, but in general, the government is what people ask for.
Consider the words of Alexander Fraser Tyler, Cycle Of Democracy (1770)

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over lousy fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average of the worlds great civilizations before they decline has been 200 years. These nations have progressed in this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; from faith to great courage; from courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to selfishness; from selfishness to Complacency; from complacency to apathy; from apathy to dependency; from dependency back again to bondage."

I believe that we are in the last stage.

ETA: This is why the founders of this country bestowed us with a Republic. When queried about the type of government the Constitutional Convention had just created, Benjamin Franklin famously replied, A Republic, if you can keep it. Our government has become bastardized into a Democracy over the last 60 years.

S

sunsaver

This has been a very civil, educational, and highly entertaining thread. :clap

Leta

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm not much of a capitalist, so I always score 50% or less on the economic portion of these quizzes. I'm at 100% for personal, though. So I guess I'm a "Liberaltarian", LOL.

Also, I grew up in Jackson County, MI. Went to school with Ted Nugent's kids and encountered him at sporting events. Waited on him many, many times at Daryl's Downtown, where he had his own room. My husband worked at Rountree for five years, where he learned butchery and cut all Ted's "hunted" meat. Dude is a poseur. I hate that word, but there is not another one to describe him fittingly. He's from the Detroit suburbs, he hunts at game ranches, he hires out the processing, I've watched him stumble out of the bathroom with a coke-encrusted nose more times than I can count. He bought his daughter breast implants for her 18th birthday and taught his son to objectify and degrade women, and snort tons of coke, just like he does. Also, I've heard him on an acoustic 'round a campfire, and his technical guitar skills weren't much.

He is an utter hypocrite.