POTUS Impeachment Trials

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I think the Senate can yes, but without the prosecutors from the house (called managers) it would be a defacto aquital because there are no articles or prosecutors present.

After reading my pocket Constitution I also determined the impeachment process begins in the House of Representatives with a vote to impeach. Then the president/vice president/official stands trial for the accusations in the Senate. The Chief Justice of the United States (John Roberts) presides over the impeachment trial.

In all impeachment trials, members of the House serve as prosecutors (managers) and the full Senate sits as the jury. The accused (president/vice president/official) must be convicted by a two-thirds vote of the Senate to be removed from office.

My predictions...

1) Nancy will wait to a short while to send the articles of impeachment to the Senate.

2) POTUS will be aquited (found innocent) of both articles.

3) Trump will win reelection in 2020

4) Republicans will take majority of the house and of course retain majority of the Senate.

5) Nancy will retire in 2020

6) The division between the parties will widen.

Let's see if my spidey senses are even close to being correct.

Coming from someone with opposite political viewpoint (me), I agree with 1, 2, and 6. :( I doubt #3 and 4 it will depend on voter turnout and the level of fear created by campaign season, #5 not unreasonable

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Interjecting into the conversation because I think it's relevant and important.

How do you turn a democrat into a republican? scare them.

How do you turn a republican into a democrat? make them feel safe.

:eek:
So while I'm slightly left-leaning moderate, I see that the Democrats do themselves disservice with some of their current actions.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The Democrats had better come up with a reasonable alternative if they want to win. There is exactly one Democrat running that doesn't look ridiculous... I shall keep to myself who I think that is 😉

I pretty much consider myself a libertarian, I think both parties are being ridiculous. I lean Republican, and vote for who ever defends the 2nd amendment. I don't mind a lot of Trump's policies but come on, the guy's a jerk. I don't think he should be removed from office though.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Interjecting into the conversation because I think it's relevant and important.

How do you turn a democrat into a republican? scare them.

How do you turn a republican into a democrat? make them feel safe.

:eek:
So while I'm slightly left-leaning moderate, I see that the Democrats do themselves disservice with some of their current actions.

For me, feeling safe and unafraid is having my .357 on my side. At least I know I have an equalizer, should I ever have to use it (hope not). I haven't ever in the past or in the foreseeable future, see myself relying on government to provide safety or security for me or my family. As a man that's my job, not the government.

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The Democrats had better come up with a reasonable alternative if they want to win. There is exactly one Democrat running that doesn't look ridiculous... I shall keep to myself who I think that is 😉

I pretty much consider myself a libertarian, I think both parties are being ridiculous. I lean Republican, and vote for who ever defends the 2nd amendment. I don't mind a lot of Trump's policies but come on, the guy's a jerk. I don't think he should be removed from office though.
Well said.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I took my wife, favorite daughter in law and two of my granddaughter's to a "trendy" restaurant to eat tonight. Some people talk loud and it's hard to not overhear their conversation. I was shocked by the stupidity of a table of young people talking about impeachment and they seemed to all agree that the Democrats fired President Trump. I kid you not... What do they teach kids these days in school? I couldn't help but search for a meme about it and this is exactly what we were thinking sitting next to the table of young people.

IMG_20191220_230941.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Impeachment is very confusing to a lot of folks. They don't get the series of events or the order in which they unfold. This is a good lesson for some. Now it looks like some of the evangelicals are recognizing the immorality of the prez.