POTUS Impeachment Trials

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan if our country fails, rural people will not be taking care of that city idiot who despises rural people. We’ll be taking care of ourselves, our families, our friends and our small rural communities. There won’t be enough to go around, people like him will be SOL.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan if our country fails, rural people will not be taking care of that city idiot who despises rural people. We’ll be taking care of ourselves, our families, our friends and our small rural communities. There won’t be enough to go around, people like him will be SOL.

I hope nothing like that ever does happen. Most city folk don't even know how to grow a tomato.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sadly, that is true. Food stamps or whatever the program is called now....oh, it's SNAP. That is much easier. Who wants to get dirty and work for food? $2.50 for a packet of seeds returns much, much more than the purchase price, but of course, there is the "work" thing again. Not that people don't want to work, many have jobs and just can't make ends meet. I have had conversations with friends and acquaintences on SNAP, when I mentioned a garden, they mumbled about not having "time" for it.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Sadly, that is true. Food stamps or whatever the program is called now....oh, it's SNAP. That is much easier. Who wants to get dirty and work for food? $2.50 for a packet of seeds returns much, much more than the purchase price, but of course, there is the "work" thing again. Not that people don't want to work, many have jobs and just can't make ends meet. I have had conversations with friends and acquaintences on SNAP, when I mentioned a garden, they mumbled about not having "time" for it.
Had personal experience on the "time" thing. Delayed my garden to help a friend of my ex wife, plus tried cooperative raising of meat chickens. That all didn't end well.
Not trying to paint with a broad brush, but I am leery of helping again

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have had good experience with cooperative chickening. With 2 different individuals. The first time, a neighbor and I ordered 25 CXR and 25 mini pearl leghorns. I raised the CXR, she raised the leghorns. We butchered the leghorns together, weighed and divided the meat. Then, I took half of the leghorns home. We split the cost.

The second time, I raised 25 CXR, the neighbor came to process with me, then, he took half of the meat home. We split the cost. Granted, I ended up doing most of the work, but I was young and eager at the time.

I think that when doing a joint venture, it's important to know who you are working with. Know their ethic, know their prior experience. I've also been burned by a co-worker who "wanted to learn how to raise a garden". I took my tools, seeds, plants to her house, We picked a spot, then, she suddenly became too "dumb" to do any of the work. "You'd better do it. I'm afraid I'll mess it up." I gave her a whole day. A few weeks later at work, she was laughing at how her daughter liked to pick the little green balls off the tomato plants and throw them. The following year, she had the nerve to ask me when I was going to come help her plant a garden.

This summer, hubby and I helped an other friend put in a garden. Again, a whole day's effort, including putting up a fence. But, there was reasonable reciprocation there. We had his Kubota to play with for about 6 weeks.

I do laugh when folks go into the scripted speech: "I'd love to have a garden. Your veggies are so wonderful. But, I just don't have the time." We all have the same number of hours in our day. I get it... there's work, family, cooking, home upkeep. But, where there's a will, there is a way. Even if it's something as simple as a planter garden.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
@Lazy Gardener
I bought the chicks, feed, and paid for the processing. Their part was to raise the birds, and help with the packaging.

Their negligence got a bunch of birds killed while raising them. Just laziness on their part, like not keeping the waterer full. When packaging day came, we did their portion first, and they then promptly left.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
With regards to POTUS and Evangelical support. I don't know about you, but my Bible is full of God choosing people with flaws. As a matter of fact, I don't recall reading about one person God chose (except Jesus) who was flawless. I believe that's because all of us are not flawless, each and every one of us. I don't like to use the word "all" in my speach or writing because it's rarely ever true. But in this case it is most definitely true. If your looking for the perfect POTUS you will never find one, because we all have faults.

See Romans 23:3 and Luke 6:37 :)

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Agreed. There was a king who stole an other man's wife. Got her knocked up. When he found out that she was with child, he sought to hide his sin by having the woman's husband called back from his war, for a bit of "family time". When the man refused to take R and R with his wife, while the rest of the troops were on the front lines, the king gave him a letter to carry to his commander. The dutiful soldier delivered the sealed envelope. It was his death sentence. The commander was instructed to place this soldier at the front of the lines, in enemy territory, then to withdraw the rest of the troops, leaving this man to be killed by the enemy.

Presidential material? Certainly not by man's standards.

This man was King David. the youngest and least likely son of Jesse, who God chose to be King. Not only was David chosen to rule the nation of Israel, but he was blessed and chosen to be in the line of Jesus. God called David "a man after My own heart."

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.” Isaiah 9:6-7

“And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:” Acts 13:22-23

There are none righteous, no not one. God uses even an adulterer and murderer to accomplish His will.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Agreed. There was a king who stole an other man's wife. Got her knocked up. When he found out that she was with child, he sought to hide his sin by having the woman's husband called back from his war, for a bit of "family time". When the man refused to take R and R with his wife, while the rest of the troops were on the front lines, the king gave him a letter to carry to his commander. The dutiful soldier delivered the sealed envelope. It was his death sentence. The commander was instructed to place this soldier at the front of the lines, in enemy territory, then to withdraw the rest of the troops, leaving this man to be killed by the enemy.

Presidential material? Certainly not by man's standards.

This man was King David. the youngest and least likely son of Jesse, who God chose to be King. Not only was David chosen to rule the nation of Israel, but he was blessed and chosen to be in the line of Jesus. God called David "a man after My own heart."

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.” Isaiah 9:6-7

“And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:” Acts 13:22-23

There are none righteous, no not one. God uses even an adulterer and murderer to accomplish His will.

You summed that up very well. It kind of puts a new perspective on "voting for the lessor of two evils" or "voting by ones feelings" now doesn't it?