POTUS Impeachment Trials

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank overyone for being being polite and respectful of others in your responses. It says a lot about the integrity of all the members here on SS. I can bet dollars to donuts, most every other forum, a thread like this would have had big problems, real quick. But it's obvious to me we have more dignity than most others. Maybe it's the self sufficient life style that fosters a high level of nobility of character. After all doing good for your self and others is really what self sufficiency lifestyle is all about.

Thanks again everyone!

ColdCreekMinis

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I try my hardest to be accepting of everyone's personal opinions. I have no problem if you want to call yourself a Democrat or a Republican. Personally, I feel I am an Independant Voter with a conservative bent. I cannot/will not blindly follow what either "National Party" tells me. Two of my sisters are very liberal, two of my sisters are more conservative like me. It makes for interesting holidays.

But, I find myself in a quandary. I have been buying my spices from an specific store for about as long as they have been in business. They have a number of spice blends that I regularly use for cooking and I am starting to run low. However, since the presidential election I have been receiving emails almost weekly from this company that are spewing hate for President Trump and anything Republican. They are practically foaming at the mouth about the impeachment hearings and such. I have been deleting their emails as soon as I see that it is another tirade against our sitting president - and they have been having some pretty good sales too..

I am having a hard time placing an order with a company that feels it is necessary to continually instigate the hatred that has gripped this country. My DH thinks I should just ignore the guys personal op-ed and just order those things that I need.
Am I being too sensitive? Am I being a part of the problem by not buying from this company that is going out of its way to offend me and belittle certain beliefs that I hold?
I agree with your hesitancy. I disagree with your DH because this company is pushing their beliefs on to their customers by sending their opinions on weekly emails. What happened to respect your President. Whether you like him or not does not matter. Respect and support him. If he does a bad job, don't vote for him again.

ColdCreekMinis

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Just a quick note that I'm SUPER impressed that this thread has been going smoothly and hasn't been anything reported!

It's so very rare that people can discuss these divisive topics without them going south within the 1st page. Heck, I know I even get pretty stirred-up with stuff that's going on, so my inclination is to not post / engage with it since I can easily get pulled in ;) I guess that's why the majority of active online communities "discourage" political and religious topics.

So, again, great job to y'all on keeping things super respectful!
Yes, @Nifty , look where this country has gone without respect.

ColdCreekMinis

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Your opinion counts too. You are more than welcome to disagree. It's the rabid, foaming at the mouth, hate filled, on BOTH sides that make me want to puke. Good manners, politeness and respect for others have flown out the window.

I was proud for our country that we elected a black President. I did not agree with his politics, but I respected his office. I received many email forwards that were racist and ugly. I deleted them because I did not want to be a part of promoting ugly hatred.
During that time we did not see the other side doing what we are seeing now. This President has done amazing things for the county. He may not be likeable but he is not afraid to say what needs to be said of do what needs done.

ColdCreekMinis

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I did not vote for Bill Clinton, especially on his "tax the rich" campaign of fools. Haha, taxes went up for the middle class, as anybody with a job was rich. Anyway, even though I didn't like him, I thought his impeachment was a load of crap. He lied about an affair. So did John F Kennedy and probably hundreds of others in the upper echelons of our hallowed halls of gooberment.

All this impeachment process, to me, is a waste of time and tax money. Election time is not that far away, if Trump is so hated, let the voters vote him out.
They know this is their last chance.

ColdCreekMinis

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
It doesn’t stress me out. I don’t need a therapy room either. Haha I have therapy sheep, therapy chickens, therapy horses, therapy livestock guard dogs and a therapy garden. I got a good dose of pulling therapy weeds today!
the whole country has lost their noodles since 2016. Do you remember college students needed crayons and got chocolate because Trump was elected?

ColdCreekMinis

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Creal, I do hope you are right. I would love to see this whole debacle result in a massive back lash, with voters standing up and saying, "enough is enough. Stop the foolish. Stop the stupid." No matter what the outcome, our country is in a world of hurt with sick politics. Pray. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Can you imagine what would happen in this country of the democrats win over this impeachment?

ColdCreekMinis

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
For me, feeling safe and unafraid is having my .357 on my side. At least I know I have an equalizer, should I ever have to use it (hope not). I haven't ever in the past or in the foreseeable future, see myself relying on government to provide safety or security for me or my family. As a man that's my job, not the government.
not if it's up to the left. They want to take that .357 meanwhile the amount of criminals that have them grows.

Latest posts