POTUS Impeachment Trials

ColdCreekMinis

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Mu
I too have seen alot of elections. I have never seen the amount of hate and unwillingness to go about doing the business that they were elected to do as has been done these last 3 years. I don't like Trump per se, never did like his show on TV which I seldom watched except when at someone elses house. I was born and raised a Yankee, yet sometimes I find his attitude off-putting. YET, I did vote for him because I could not vote for someone who stood behind her husband in all that he did that was so abhorrent to my sense of decency. Plus, being from new england, had plenty of experience with the strongholds of the "rich and priviledged", and there was as much corruption there that you cannot believe. I am conservative in my thinking, and am honestly tired of all the "give aways" to people who do not work, or think that they are entitled. And having lived in a state that taxes are through the roof, cannot see where "taxing the rich" will accomplish anything more but to drive them to move their businesses elsewhere.
But the facts are that it was stated from before he even took office that he needed to be impeached. The members of the house have not even been afforded the ability to do their job if the speaker will not bring pieces of legislation up for votes. So even if there were "impeachable offenses" that I also have just not seen, they are not doing the job they were voted into office for.
I hope that I am never accused of a "crime" and then not given the fairness to defend myself.... having secret closed door hearings, with no ability to rebut others accusations. We are supposed to be INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. This is a guilty because we say so, and the only ones you can hear are the ones we choose for you to hear.
This is a sham if you honestly look at it from a neutral point. I would never want to be "tried" by a group such as this for anything.
I agree that regardless of whether you like him or not; he is the President and the office demands respect. I disliked Obama and found his policies pretty bad, but decency made me respect that he was the president. His health care plan was a disaster for so many and I don't know if we will ever get it fixed.
The one thing that sticks in my mind from that era, is the comment that was made by Pelosi, that you have to pass it to be able to read it. How many of you will go into a "contract" and sign it before you know what you are signing??????
My uncle died because of Obamacare.

ColdCreekMinis

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
With regards to POTUS and Evangelical support. I don't know about you, but my Bible is full of God choosing people with flaws. As a matter of fact, I don't recall reading about one person God chose (except Jesus) who was flawless. I believe that's because all of us are not flawless, each and every one of us. I don't like to use the word "all" in my speach or writing because it's rarely ever true. But in this case it is most definitely true. If your looking for the perfect POTUS you will never find one, because we all have faults.

See Romans 23:3 and Luke 6:37 :)
In the end, even Jesus wasn't flawless.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
This President has done amazing things for the county.

My state lost 1,900 farms since he took office. Now, small dairy farms have been declining for a long time, but it has accelerated. All the farmers around here are struggling. Used to be primarily soybeans and rotate corn. Amazing how few soybean fields there are. I'm not aware of ANY around me this year. So the deer population is struggling and hunting has been poor.

All because of poor diplomacy.

On paper, I agreed with quite a bit of Trump's platform. But his lack of social graces, emotional reactivity, and generally actin like a petulant child are the scariest national security risk we've seen, possibly ever. He didn't get my vote (and no, I didn't vote for Hillary either).

I think our political system would be healthier with a 3rd major party.

ColdCreekMinis

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I beg to differ with that. Jesus was the only one without sin. We can continue this discussion in private, if you would like.
Private is not needed, lol. What I meant by that was, on the cross at the end of his time for a few seconds Christ lost his faith saying, "Father, why has thou forsaken me?". He then spent 3 days in hell.

ColdCreekMinis

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
My state lost 1,900 farms since he took office. Now, small dairy farms have been declining for a long time, but it has accelerated. All the farmers around here are struggling. Used to be primarily soybeans and rotate corn. Amazing how few soybean fields there are. I'm not aware of ANY around me this year. So the deer population is struggling and hunting has been poor.

All because of poor diplomacy.

On paper, I agreed with quite a bit of Trump's platform. But his lack of social graces, emotional reactivity, and generally actin like a petulant child are the scariest national security risk we've seen, possibly ever. He didn't get my vote (and no, I didn't vote for Hillary either).

I think our political system would be healthier with a 3rd major party.
That is all we see around here. Soybeans, cotton and corn. Though this year many in the bottoms did not get to plant because the ground never cleared of the flood water for long enough.

ColdCreekMinis

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Mu
My uncle died because of Obamacare.
he worked at a factory for years and years, has insurance there. Then the factory closed and the job he got after they did not have benefits. So he was then covered under his wife's job. Then Obama care went in effect and he lost the insurance. He then got cancer and was gone.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think your interpretation of scripture is just that: your personal interpretation. If Jesus had sinned at ANY time, then his sacrificial death, as atonement for our sins would not have been sufficient. My interpretation when Jesus asked God why he was abandoned was b/c at that time, Jesus was bearing the sins of the entire world. God could not look upon that cauldron of sin. As for him descending to hell: There is reference in I Peter 3:19 to Him "preaching to the lost spirits in prison". No time reference is given to this act. Jesus also spoke to the thief on the cross: "This day, you will be with me in paradise." So, if looking at this text alone, based on human view of time, Jesus COULDN'T have spent 3 days in hell. He also stated, at the very end: "It is finished." The act of redemption was completed. There would have been no purpose in him descending to hell aside from his own will to do so.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I guess those house Impeachment articles might be about ready to hatch. Rumor has it Nancy is about ready to stop sitting on them and send them over to the Senate.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score