Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
So my question is, what would an organic or IPM treatment for a zombie infestation be.

I'm thinking beer traps like for slugs. LOTS of beer traps. And someone ELSE to empty e'm in the morning.

Pat

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wifezilla, :lol: I thought I was the only one who did this.......and I love Shaun of the Dead! I watch it every time it comes on. I do not think that our ending would be the same as those two boys tho LOL.
I thought the show of Discovery about the Volcanic activity was good. My hubby hates shows like that. I also like the other shows that are like, "its not a question of IF, its a question of WHEN!
Anyway, I am better at thinking about the *flu virus or avian flu that wipes out 90% of the population scenarios*. Now that, that is scary.
Remember the thread on here about germs? maybe it wasnt about germs but that is how it ended up. OK not going to get started. Anyway just wanted to say........keep on thinking! :D

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Well, our zombie obsession comes in handy again.

How do there end up being so many zombies?

You become a zombie through bites or scratches from the infected. In the case of Resident Evil, it can be from infected people OR even infected animals (remember the creepy zombie crow scene?)

So, in order to avoid becoming a zombie, you have to practice a certain level of bio-security.

Many of those same precautions would protect you from more realistic threats.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'm a little confused....we just had a thread where people complained that folks's personal lives were, in fact, nothing to do with SS and should be left off the main forum boards......but a thread about ZOMBIES taking over the world is sufficiently SS enough to not receive any type of censoring complaints?

:rolleyes:

Wifezilla

Reaction score
If people are going to get all upset, just move this to JOKES FUN & GAMES or something.

Wifezilla

Reaction score
I have a 65% chance of surviving according to the quiz.

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
So my question is, what would an organic or IPM treatment for a zombie infestation be.

I'm thinking beer traps like for slugs. LOTS of beer traps. And someone ELSE to empty e'm in the morning.

Pat
Maybe mix some brains into your beer (does it have to be human? I don't know. Maybe someone with more expertise can answer)

ETA: if you are dealing with a heavy infestation you'd better keep at least some of your beer aside to drink. I'll admit I haven't looked over the zombie preparedness list very carefully, but it should read "several kegs of beer and whole brains for zombie traps, plus additional beer for non-zombie human consumption"

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Very good idea. :D

So lets see....my zombie apocalypse kit needs to include...

A shot gun and plenty of shells
A baseball bat
Several years worth of food
Several kegs of beer or beer making equipment and supplies (I can make mead..not sure if that will work)
Basic medical and first aid supplies
Fresh water along with the ability to decontaminate or distill more fresh water
Gasoline for emergency vehicle
Flashlights and/or torches
An easily defensible locale
Brains for bait

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Very good idea. :D

So lets see....my zombie apocalypse kit needs to include...

A shot gun and plenty of shells
A baseball bat
Several years worth of food
Several kegs of beer or beer making equipment and supplies (I can make mead..not sure if that will work)
Basic medical and first aid supplies
Fresh water along with the ability to decontaminate or distill more fresh water
Gasoline for emergency vehicle
Flashlights and/or torches
An easily defensible locale
Brains for bait
Cool. I'm covered except for the brains part. I'll source some of those tomorrow.