Punkins' world....SUNSHINE, seeds and no more drought!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi Punkin

Congrats on winning that race!!! Sounds like he is in love with bikes! Great he is into something he loves!

Yea hot here also. We can't water fields so alot of things are shriveling up. Our cukes are turning yellow sooooo fast it is crazy...LOL

No rest for the wreary. The markets are doing fab and I am banking alot of the money this season. Usually I blow that money on "whatever"---you know, money slips thru the hands fast...but this year I have over $3K saved already. Just finally making good on my promise to bank money for bad times...LOL

What is new with you?

All OK there?

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Yep, we're all doing well. DH's eye is great since he had his cataract surgery (did I journal that?) Glad we have insurance cause that eye was almost $8000. Just today his Dr. told him he has one in the other eye. He's only 42. We're going to take care of that this year since we have already met our deductable.

DS does love his 4-wheeler. Alot of money goes into it. I used to fuss about that till I realized that he's not blowing it chasing parties, drinking, drugs or etc.

We just got back this evening from our Eatin' Meetin' at church. I ate way too much, again.

What's everyone's plans for the 4th? We are having a cookout (another reason to eat) with about 35 people. I'm doing hamburgers and hotdogs and everyone brings a dish. The kids swim, we pitch horseshoes, catch up and walk down to the front yard to watch the fireworks the city puts up. We live about 2 miles from the park where they shoot them. Everyone grabs a chair and we enjoy the great view without all the traffic hassles.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Hi Punkin

Congrats on winning that race!!! Sounds like he is in love with bikes! Great he is into something he loves!

Yea hot here also. We can't water fields so alot of things are shriveling up. Our cukes are turning yellow sooooo fast it is crazy...LOL

No rest for the wreary. The markets are doing fab and I am banking alot of the money this season. Usually I blow that money on "whatever"---you know, money slips thru the hands fast...but this year I have over $3K saved already. Just finally making good on my promise to bank money for bad times...LOL

What is new with you?

All OK there?
Glad you are having a great year. Good for you on banking the cash. The way things are headed, it's good to know it will be there when you need it.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I am going to the Countryside Reunion!

Our days of a good "front row seat" to the fireworks is gone. :(

My sister used to manage a boarding stable. It was located in such a way that climbing the hill in her main pasture you could watch professional displays by three different cities and the baseball park as well. It was wonderful. We would bring big blankets and a picnic then wait for the fun.

We always had a good time ... even the year the skunk crashed the party by spraying two of our dogs! :ep Unfortunately she quit managing the stable and it was sold to developers.

You all have fun at your picnic! :D

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
The 4th of July cookout preparations are in full swing. On one hand I hate everything you have to do to get your house ready. But on the other hand, lots of company coming over makes you get the things done that you've been putting off.

The pool water is sparkling clear. The only thing is some hard water buildup because our well water is so hard. Nothing I can do about that though.

We had some green areas on our deck that got slippery as ice when it was wet. I didn't want little wet pool feet falling everywhere so I got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed it off. (Can we say "Cinderella?") DH sprayed deck cleaner and rinsed mostly. It does look good now.

DS mowed the puppy yard and I pulled weeds out there.

DH is sharpening lawnmower blades right now so he can mow Saturday morning.

I cleaned the outside back windows and picked up stuff laying around in the back. It looks great. I keep teasing DH that we should have company every couple of weeks just so we will keep things neat and tidy.

Tomorrow, I want to head over to the Amish to get some rhubarb for that Strawberry/Rhubarb Pie in a Jar recipe. Then around 4:00, we'll be off to the 4 wheeler races. Ya'll just say a prayer that DS and his buddy come off the track right side up.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
I am going to the Countryside Reunion!

Our days of a good "front row seat" to the fireworks is gone. :(

My sister used to manage a boarding stable. It was located in such a way that climbing the hill in her main pasture you could watch professional displays by three different cities and the baseball park as well. It was wonderful. We would bring big blankets and a picnic then wait for the fun.

We always had a good time ... even the year the skunk crashed the party by spraying two of our dogs! :ep Unfortunately she quit managing the stable and it was sold to developers.

You all have fun at your picnic! :D
Do you mean as in "Countryside Magazine" reunion or another sort of country affair?

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Ahhh I love getting the house ready for a party...you are so right about the fact that all those little things that we avoid get done! :) Have a wonderful time!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Countryside Magazine!

They have had a "reunion" every year for the last 10 years. It is a general get together at a private farm with demos and lectures. The last 9 years was in Indiana. This year Missouri. I can't wait. Leaving early in the morning! Yippee!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Countryside Magazine!

They have had a "reunion" every year for the last 10 years. It is a general get together at a private farm with demos and lectures. The last 9 years was in Indiana. This year Missouri. I can't wait. Leaving early in the morning! Yippee!
:rant <<<<< This is me venting my jealousy!