Punkins' world....SUNSHINE, seeds and no more drought!

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh punkin I'm so jealous right now, you're up in TN during the PRETTIEST time of year! Good idea on getting some baking done ahead of time :)

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Hey RTRchick, where ya been?

You are right about it being pretty here. No place like E. TN in the fall.

Guess you heard Phil Fulmer got sacked - probably about time. He doesn't know how to work with kids who aren't just oozing with talent, and that's what we have this year.

Since you are SEC, I'll have to root (just a little) for Bama in the championship. :lol:

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I heard his press conference and it sounded like he was about to cry.

You'd better be rooting bama big time. You know you don't want florida to win!!

I know I've been away, just got busy doing stuffs, but now I'm back to bug ya

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Tuesday was a "me" day. I went on a trip to Pigeon Forge with the Senior Travel group sponsored by a local bank. I'm only 42, but they let me tag along.

I must say that I had a wonderful time. My Aunt invited me and I knew several of the people going (some were friends of my mom & dad :lol: ).

We shopped at the outlets and I found some good bargains on molded bakeware - buy 2 get 1 free. Got DH's underwear restocked and bought DS some knit thermal shirts.

We then went to see a Chinese Acrobatic show - balancing skills, contortionism (sp), etc. Like 12 girls riding a bicycle and lots of really advanced gymnastics. Even 5 motocyclists riding in a huge metal sphere at the same time.

We had dinner at a Japanese buffet, and I tried sushi for the first time. I think it was a California Roll - not bad, but not something I would order and eat 3-4 of.

Did absolutely nothing SS at all, but I enjoyed it alot. Today, it is bake to baking, cooking, cleaning...all the usual stuff, but with a renewed energy. :bun

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
RTRChick said:
I heard his press conference and it sounded like he was about to cry.

You'd better be rooting bama big time. You know you don't want florida to win!!

I know I've been away, just got busy doing stuffs, but now I'm back to bug ya
He really did get choked up, didn't he? I kind of felt sorry for him, but it was time.

I will be rootin' for Bama in the championship - ya'll have a good chance, I think.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
punkin - do you use a bread machine to bake your bread or do you bake it in the oven.

If you bake in the oven try the white bread recipe I have posted.

Its not perfect but it is the closest thing to store bought bread I have found so far. I think I posted in the recipe to cut down on the sugar to 1/4 cup and add 1 tbl spoon of honey if you have it.
If not just use a little over 1/4 cup of sugar.

I have not been to TN in years. Sure would love to make the trip and see the country again. I love it there.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun day! I love sushi personally but California roll isn't my favorite either. :D

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
2dream said:
punkin - do you use a bread machine to bake your bread or do you bake it in the oven.

If you bake in the oven try the white bread recipe I have posted.

Its not perfect but it is the closest thing to store bought bread I have found so far. I think I posted in the recipe to cut down on the sugar to 1/4 cup and add 1 tbl spoon of honey if you have it.
If not just use a little over 1/4 cup of sugar.

I have not been to TN in years. Sure would love to make the trip and see the country again. I love it there.
I usually bake it in the oven since I like to do more than 1 loaf. Thanks for the tip, I'll try it soon.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
Sounds like a fun day! I love sushi personally but California roll isn't my favorite either. :D
Hen123, I've always been a little "afraid" of sushi. I like to fish and that stuff kind of looks like bait. :lol: But, since it was included in the meal, I thought "Why not?" I think it's good to try new and different stuff, unless it just comepletly grosses me out.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
punkin said:
Henrietta23 said:
Hen123, I've always been a little "afraid" of sushi. I like to fish and that stuff kind of looks like bait. :lol: But, since it was included in the meal, I thought "Why not?" I think it's good to try new and different stuff, unless it just comepletly grosses me out.
I had to go with other people who ordered it and sample theirs before I was confident enough to order something I like. For instance I haven't come close to trying eel yet and probably never will. But salmon and tuna? mmmmm. Crab and shrimp are cooked so no worries there and there are lots of veggie only types as well. It took me 40 years to get to the point where'd I even try it though!