Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Aaaaahhhh goat baby pictures always do me in!! I HAVE to have one!!! Well, two.... So sweet!!
Sorry about the kids' eggs. I'm glad they have the baby to distract them!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well, surprise surprise!! One of the eggs hatched! The sizzle pipped, zipped, and is now OUT! and a frizzle is working really hard to get out, too!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well YOU are just having a wonderful day Quail...who else do you know that can have babies three times in one day and still walk? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
OMG GREAT NEWS!! My 7 year old son's science project egg HAS A HUGE PIP!! WHOOHOOO!! MAYBE I DIDN'T KILL THEM AFTER ALL!!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
What a great day - a baby goat and chicks!! I'll bet your kids are thrilled!!:weee

Congrats on all the new babes!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Well YOU are just having a wonderful day Quail...who else do you know that can have babies three times in one day and still walk? :lol: :lol: :lol:
:yuckyuck Morel, you are too much! :gig :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Well, it was an good day. Not an exceptionally special day in anyway, no where near as exciting as yesterday...but it was still good.

DH and I got a good deal on straw today (I am posting about that more in the frugal living section) so we managed to get 2 bales and bedded down the goats barn. Wanted to make sure our baby stays warm! We also did the chicken pens and the dog boxes.

My parents came over to visit. Step dad had a better outlook on things today. The kids were excited to tell grandma and grandpa about the new goat baby and about the chicks that hatched.

Other than the visit from my parents, we cleaned pens, collected ONE whole egg today :rolleyes:, and put extra straw down for everyone. It's supposed to be pretty cold tonight I guess. I'm thrilled (not!)

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Our chickens are slowing way down with the eggs too. It's my least favorite part of fall :(

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Its suppose to be cold here tonight too. Well, cold for Mississippi. LOL But I love it. I had to do the "get all the animal houses ready thing" this past weekend. But even at 32 degrees its not cold enough, long enough to need heat for them. When they say 32 around here this time of year what they mean its going to be 32 for 10 minutes at 4:33 a.m. By noon it will be 80 again.

After your day yesterday you did not need any excitement today. LOL

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Thing is, mine are just now 7 months old....they haven't fully started laying yet...and I figure they won't until spring now. :(