Rammy's Rabbit Thread

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Gave Belle her nest box this morning even tho she isn't due til next Monday but she was making a huge haystache so I figured why not. Im going to bring in the other doe tonight and set her up in the adjacent cage because she keeps pooping in her hay inside her hutch area. If I let her have the kits in there she will poop and pee on them and I will have to clean out the nest area every day. This will be easier.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Moved Betty White into the adjacent cage next to Belle today and gave her a nest box to arrange to her liking. Ony a few days to go til kindling.
Sold my Rouen ducks today. Im sad to let them go, but they needed a better place. The lady who got them has a Rouen drake and a Pekin duck and a big pond for them to swim in. I drained thier kiddie duck pool for the last time. I hope my water bill goes down some, too.
Just need to sell about 10 more chickens and it should be more manageable. Money is getting tight with work slowing down and all this virus crap going on. I think it will take some of the stress off.

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The virus crap has lots of people stressed out. We who are prepared are a whole lot better off, not to mention we have our sanctuary places. What better de-stressor than our animals, gardens and land? Even a small yard with a few chickens or rabbits puts us light years ahead of people in an apartment. We are Blessed.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I noticed my two pregger does fighting between the cages this morning. Is there anything I can put up to stop it? Belle was grabbing Bettys fur. I thought about cutting a piece of plywood but not sure how I can get it thru the door. They are both due Monday.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I noticed my two pregger does fighting between the cages this morning. Is there anything I can put up to stop it? Belle was grabbing Bettys fur. I thought about cutting a piece of plywood but not sure how I can get it thru the door. They are both due Monday.

perhaps you can roll up some finer harware fabric/mesh to be able to fit in through the door and then put along that divider between them?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The virus crap has lots of people stressed out. We who are prepared are a whole lot better off, not to mention we have our sanctuary places. What better de-stressor than our animals, gardens and land? Even a small yard with a few chickens or rabbits puts us light years ahead of people in an apartment. We are Blessed.

i think so for me for sure! i really don't feel different the only real stresses i have from the crud is other people and i'm mostly a hermit so that is rare i have to deal with others.

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
You might be able to just separate the cages a bit? When I had a 3-hole wire cage unit, there was a 2 inch gap between cages. It worked well.

I have also used a feed bag between cages so bucks would stop spraying and stressing each other.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
If you can get J clips and a crimper, you can remove one side of the cage, put plywood in and reassemble the cage. Depemding on the cage construction, you might need a hacksaw to remove the old clips. Some come off with fingers, some take needle nose pliers.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You might be able to just separate the cages a bit? When I had a 3-hole wire cage unit, there was a 2 inch gap between cages. It worked well.

I have also used a feed bag between cages so bucks would stop spraying and stressing each other.
Cant seperate the cages. Its a two hole with a divider in the middle. Each hole is 36 wide by 30 deep 18 high. Ive been looking for some aluminum flashing. That would work.