Rammy's Rabbit Thread

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pawned another of Belle's kits onto Betty this morning. So now they both have 7 kits. I think this will even the nursing odds up better so all the kits have equal chances now. 😁 When I was checking the kits by just pulling the nest box up to the door, both does were grunting at me. Awwww...protective mommies. Betty nipped my jacket. I didnt scold her for it tho, shes just doing her job. I'll just take the box out to count and make sure the babies have full tummies like I did before.
One of Belle's kits looks like its going to have a blaze of white on its face. I'll take a pic tonight and post it.🐇

Last edited:

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
20201104_152119.jpg

This is the kit that has the most white on its face.

20201104_152023.jpg

This one has a stripe and a white nose.

20201104_151950.jpg

This one just a dot and a white nose. The rest of Belles kits are all black.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok...……………..so was looking at the baby buns last night and they are getting their fur in. Most of Belle's kits are black, but four have the white markings on them. One kits I pawned off to Betty White also has a white marking on its head so that's 4 out of ten of Belle's kits that have that. Weird. :)
I bred Betty to Leo, the red NZ buck. All her kits are seem to be getting all white fur in. Not one is red. WTH<heck>? I have a friend wanting a red buck, doesn't look like she's going to get one. :(

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was wondering if they have DNA kits for rabbits.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Just came in from weighing the kits. The smallest one is only 1.87 ounces.:( The largest is 3.13 ounces. When weighing one of Bettys kits, one jumped out of my hands and fell onto the tote next to where I was weighing them.:ep There was a little hay ontop of the lids but I hope its not hurt. :bow