Reading The Signs, Awareness Around You..

Status
Not open for further replies.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i dont like big cities and too many people

i like quite.........when i can get quiet...........i have 3 kids

FarmerChick said:
not seeing a reason to 'see the world'?

that is ok...just you I guess?

some people love solitude, I am not one :p

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
KevsFarm said:
Damummis, i live on the NY side of LI Sound,Montauk Pt. is on the eastern tip of L.I.N.Y..Are you from L.I....?
No, grew up across the sound in Ct.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea, hear you on the quiet!
quiet with kids is a treasure :p

I am not big city type either but I sure do love to get out and among the living when the feeling hits :)

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i go clothes shopping once a month and my getting out is satisfied

FarmerChick said:
yea, hear you on the quiet!
quiet with kids is a treasure :p

I am not big city type either but I sure do love to get out and among the living when the feeling hits :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we differ there, I am lucky to shop 4 times a year.
I hate clothes shopping for some reason (?) who knows, no patience to check thru clearance racks any more LOL

If my family didn't want to eat...then I wouldn't ever go grocery shopping either :/ Something I really don't like doing ;)

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Ellajahboy.. i hear ya on the quiet and away from crowds.My neighbor calls me a recluse...lol..Thats fine by me, i get out and do my chores, but love being in my garden, woodpile, etc. Just because my neighbor has a case of social diaherra, and has to be involved in every thing, doesn't mean i have to.I enjoy my own company, comfortable in my skin.Alot of folks that "have" to be out there, are usaully unhappy with themselves or are searching for contentment in others.Now, don't get me wrong, thats not the case with all socialable folks.I just love peace and quiet, and time alone

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
KevsFarm said:
.I enjoy my own company, comfortable in my skin.Alot of folks that "have" to be out there, are usaully unhappy with themselves or are searching for contentment in others.Now, don't get me wrong, thats not the case with all socialable folks.I just love peace and quiet, and time alone
Some sociable people just like people. I like people and I am very comfortable in my own skin. I like solitude, and I like company. I find people very interesting, and I honestly believe that people need each other. I would not want to be a hermit.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Goodness knows this is a depressing thread. I'm going to take a minute to try to spread a little sunshine.

Think about this....our kids, who WERE one of the MOST spoiled generations ever on the face of the planet WILL indeed learn the value of a dollar...and probably watch it drop like a rock too, but they'll LEARN first and foremost! :lol:

When all of the Japanese and Chinese tinker toy gadgets and all of the mind numbing devices now hooked to everyones head....become too much to afford, maybe we'll all grow a brain and a work ethic again...see, bright side ;)

Folks who have not spent time with their families, will now be forced to do so...I don't patircularly see that as a bad thing.

We'll learn as a country how to be good neighbors again, we'll have to depend on each other more.

I just think of what America WAS in the beginning, farmers, simple folks, pioneers, and if the beginning and starting oer is where we all wind up....I can't think of a better place to grab a good dose of integrity about ourselves again. Lord knows, we need it, as a country, as a community, and as individuals.

We haven't had real freedom for a few generations now, just left with the illusion of what was once considered freedom. I think we as a nation have grown ungrateful and petty as a whole. NOW, maybe we have an OPPORTUNITY to relearn that which we have forgotten somewhere along the way.

I'm broke, but I'm happy, and I like a lot of the changes I am seeing. :hu Am I the only one? :hide

Yeah the economy is down....bummer. My neighbors get eggs from me now, and bring me feed for the birds as payment. I have newer better friends than I EVER did when I had money.

Have you guys noticed hardly anyone is trying to "keep up with the Jonses'" these days? :D I love the new sense of community around here!!! Silver linings are so dang pretty dontcha think? :lol:

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
No wonder you are called Little Miss Sunshine. I was thinking more along the lines of a pendulum, first we swing one way, and then another. I don't think we are currently swinging a good direction though.

Status
Not open for further replies.