Reading The Signs, Awareness Around You..

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
No wonder you are called Little Miss Sunshine. I was thinking more along the lines of a pendulum, first we swing one way, and then another. I don't think we are currently swinging a good direction though.
x2 She's back on her game, living up to her 'handle'!!!!! :woot

I think its partly due to how far to the "good" the last positive swing was.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
No wonder you are called Little Miss Sunshine. I was thinking more along the lines of a pendulum, first we swing one way, and then another. I don't think we are currently swinging a good direction though.
It looks like a pile of poo from one angle, but there are ther angles to explore :) The first Depression made us stronger, why wouldn't this one do the same? It won't kill us to struggle a bit. A phoenix has to burn before it can rise from the ashes ;)

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
I don't find this thread depressing at all. I find it exciting. We are living in a time of real change, for so many reasons. It can make you or break you. Bring it on, my friends, bring it on. I welcome the challenge.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Damummis said:
I don't find this thread depressing at all. I find it exciting. We are living in a time of real change, for so many reasons. It can make you or break you. Bring it on, my friends, bring it on. I welcome the challenge.
:woot THAT'S what I'm talkin about! :D I am excited about it too, not scared. :hu

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
The only thing I don't have that I will NEED is a treadle sewing machine. :lol:

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Yeah, i wouldn't want to be a hermit either chickenone, but i see more than enough people doing my chores around town...! lol
I don't think this thread is depressing , maybe its how you precieve the realities posted here...? Everyone sees the world through thier own eyes.I'm not looking at the world through rose colored sunglasses...Honestly, though, i don't see anyone posting any "These Are Sunshining Days" threads...:) This threads intent was to note what we are seeing going on around us, and how it may or may not help for emergency prepardness.I see a decline, in almost all aspects.So i spend alot of time on my mini farm preparing, trying to set a good example for my younger nieces and newphews.(They love coming to uncle kevins house to pick strawberries/blueberries and raspberries.)Feeding my blueberry patch, weeding my 2nd asparagus bed, mulching my garlic, feeding my 55 hens, building my rabbit hutch.We need to prepare for tougher times that are coming. The loaming large, huge federal deficit is going to bring this nation to its knees. If you want to call that depressing or throw sunshine on it, feel free.However the reality of the present state of our nation is still there.I always tell younger people to learn to grow food, get your hands in the dirt,simple living is in.I still see lots of people playing...keepin up with the Jones...I just think many people have the sense that this is just a down cycle in our ecomony.I'm sure not one of them..

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
in the last couple yrs three factory's have closed and only one new one started I have seen small stores close and three gas stations as well but our home co-op is doing well and people are canning and rasing there own food more

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Mlynd....We have one thats doing very well also.Susan who runs the co-op told me more folks than ever are buying in bulk.At my local Walmart, mason ball, canning jars( one of the few things they sell thats made in America) fly off the shelves, and the price went up a buck a case.Those are two thing for sure going on around us,indicating how people are preparing.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
around here canning supplies have always flew off the shelf. if you don't buy immediately when the stores are stocked, you miss out.
canning/preserving is nothing new around my area.

I guess where you live different scenarios mean different things

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
I don't think is has anything to do with where you live or differant sceneros.. Canning has always been done everywhere in America.What i'm saying is, there is a surge in these activities and more people are doing it.I don't even see canning jars at yards sales anymore...use to see them all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.