Real Men Eat Veggies - and other healthy recipes!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coconut Jelly - An easy AIP Treat
Servings: 12 people
Calories: 136 kcal
An AIP paleo coconut treat made with grass-fed gelatin and coconut cream. With only 3 simple ingredients, this coconut jello is sure to become a regular.

Ingredients
  • 20 grams grass-fed gelatin about 2 tablespoons
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup hot water
  • 27 ounces coconut cream 2 cans (13.5 ounces each)
  • 1 teaspoon coconut stevia drops or preferred sweetener to taste (optional)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
Instructions
  1. Soften gelatin in water for about a minute. Add hot water and stir well to dissolve.

2. Pour coconut cream into a medium saucepan. Heat on medium to a slow boil.

3. Add gelatin water to saucepan. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sweetener and or extract if using.

4. Pour into an 8x8-inch baking dish. Refrigerate until set.
Recipe Notes
To cut back on fat, you can use one can coconut milk and one can coconut cream. The cream does give a better flavor so I don't recommend using all coconut milk.

https://lowcarbyum.com/coconut-jelly/

There are other good recipes on this site. I don't like Stevia, I thought the drops might be better, but I don't like them either. I think I will just make this with a little sugar. We love these coconut jelly squares.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Try monkfruit @baymule it doesn't have an aftertaste that I found. But the Monkfruit in the Raw has dextrose added; I found some in the organic section that had a bit of erythritol instead- lower carb for me

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've known people who didn't like stevia - they think it tastes bitter to them. My brother was one of those folks. I told him to cut the amount he was using in half and VOILA - that worked for him.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Stevia has an after taste to me, no matter low little or much I use. I also despise artificial sweeteners and most "imitation" sugars. I haven't tried the erythritol.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Also, Stevia is in the ragweed family, so if you are allergy prone.......

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can't do stevia, or artificial sweeteners either. It's either sugar, maple syrup or honey for me.

What is erythritol?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love Splenda - but we don't use it because it raises DH's blood sugar almost as much as table sugar. Crazy stuff! I grow Stevia in pots by my front door and have been known to pluck a leaf and pop it into my mouth upon coming home from work. (I do wash it first) It helps to satisfy my sweet tooth and keeps me from binging. :fl

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Erythritol is a naturally-occurring sugar alcohol. I found this information about it:

erythritol is about 60 – 80% as sweet as sucrose (sugar). It is used primarily in chewing gum, baked goods and beverages and occurs naturally in pears, soy sauce, wine, sake, watermelon and grapes.

In fact, erythritol has even been found to exist naturally in human tissues and body fluids.

After much toxicology and clinical studies, erythritol has been found to be safe for consumption as a sugar substitute, even when consumed on a daily basis and in high amounts.

Latest posts