Real Men Eat Veggies - and other healthy recipes!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
AND - I'm going to attempt to grow some....Instructions seem simple enough: Bury one fruit. That's it pretty much....bury the fruit and the caution that only ONE plant is needed per family.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Don't know about you all but this is pretty much the way things roll around here
IMG_20180213_160535.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had the Sausage and Pepper soup that I posted earlier for dinner tonight. I gotta say it's a winner. Of course I changed a few things - not all on purpose... Forgot to use the chili powder....used fresh garlic and onion instead of the powders and dropped in a couple tablespoons of cream cheese at the end. We think it's good and it will go into the list of "make it again" foods!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coconut Jelly - An easy AIP Treat
Servings: 12 people
Calories: 136 kcal
An AIP paleo coconut treat made with grass-fed gelatin and coconut cream. With only 3 simple ingredients, this coconut jello is sure to become a regular.

Ingredients
  • 20 grams grass-fed gelatin about 2 tablespoons
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup hot water
  • 27 ounces coconut cream 2 cans (13.5 ounces each)
  • 1 teaspoon coconut stevia drops or preferred sweetener to taste (optional)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
Instructions
  1. Soften gelatin in water for about a minute. Add hot water and stir well to dissolve.

2. Pour coconut cream into a medium saucepan. Heat on medium to a slow boil.

3. Add gelatin water to saucepan. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sweetener and or extract if using.

4. Pour into an 8x8-inch baking dish. Refrigerate until set.
Recipe Notes
To cut back on fat, you can use one can coconut milk and one can coconut cream. The cream does give a better flavor so I don't recommend using all coconut milk.

https://lowcarbyum.com/coconut-jelly/

There are other good recipes on this site. I don't like Stevia, I thought the drops might be better, but I don't like them either. I think I will just make this with a little sugar. We love these coconut jelly squares.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I found mashed cauliflower at the grocery store marked down to $0.59 per 5 serving tray. I added cream, butter, salt, and..... I LIKE IT! :eek: I'm shocked! and delighted! I'm going to go back tomorrow and buy the rest!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Been outside all morning. Spent some time in the garden. About to take out the mostly spent broccoli plants and put tomatoes in their place. I picked all the remaining side shoots and a handful of cilantro that's bolting, threw them in a frying pan with lots of fresh garlic, stirred em around for a bit and called it lunch!

image.jpg