Real Men Eat Veggies - and other healthy recipes!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Holy Cannoli that sounds delish! :drool

I've never cooked with xanthum gum, but there's a first time for everything!

Thanks!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
20180203_131559.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Britesea Just tried your Keto Pancake recipe. I've tried several before but I've gotta say that your recipe is the best I've ever tried! Thanks!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FJ -- Just left the low carb recipe site you gave and really want someone to do the choco cake & reply -- FEM, you can do this? :lol: Just have it with some wine!

The zucchini fries sound really good -- and we ALL need more zuc recipes! You know how that plant is normally an over-achiever. I have an air fryer (free from a demo!) and I would use that to cook them. I'm going to make sweet potato chips, one day. :p

I'm not on a low/high anything diet, thankfully, but you know how your metabolism gets at a certain age? I haven't told myself we are there :old and prefer to slide into it slowly & without fanfare. Cakes, cookies and brownies will be the most obvious place to work it. I love fresh homemade breads but, eat little of it, so not a big issue. My body seems to keep me in check. I am blessed.

I'm a love my veggies type person. Yes, the corn, limas, etc. are on my menu and I don't plan to change. Not something I have every day, so in moderation, just don't cook them that much. Love my tomatoes, eggplant, squash (es), greens, brassicas, garlic, onions, mushrooms, now I'm :drool . Need to plant!!!!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The microwave chocolate mug cakes recipes are the best. I haven't made many of the faux candy treats, but the ones I have are great. The peanut butter cookies rock

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We love lima beans here too - put them in a lot of soups - and plan on trying to grow some too. We do shy away from corn because of the GMO issues (whether or not anyone thinks that's a problem...everyone has to make their own decisions on that). I don't grow corn every year - but when I do I use organic seeds of an heirloom variety. Then, of course, we do portion control... lol. Easier said than done for sure!

I have read that fat and fiber slow the absorption of carbs mitigating the rapid escalation of blood sugar. Not sure if that is true or not - I guess if you eat a carb you've eaten a carb? @farmer Jamie - any thoughts on that?

I need to get back over to that website and browse some more!

Latest posts