Recession is over!! New Title: Smokers!

andehens

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I missed seeing that on the news this morning. Good thing its over just in time to get bombed by China since they haven't succeeded in poisoning us all fast enough...........

So who was having the partay? :gig

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It's a good thing that they told us - otherwise we would have never known. Thanks On Our own!

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Methinks I sense a bit of sarcasm on this thread :D

So glad it's over, though. I was starting to worry about having to work my behind off again this summer to get all the pantry and freezers full of food again. Yay! Beach time instead!!! No bees, no turkeys, no meat chickens, no new layers and definitely no scavenging for wild mushrooms and berries. Wow! I am going to have so much time on my hands!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Ummm...the partay is at SKR8PN's house! He has that totally cool smoker!!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, what a relief!! So...now I can have that swimming pool installed....and the hot tub....after I get the huge loan...right!?? :lol:
I swear....do they really think we are all that gullible!?? :rolleyes: Keep on squirreling away....we ALL know better! Guess there will be some people standing around saying.." I thought it was over?" :p Oh, just a thought tho...if they want us to believe its over...maybe they will lower the costs of canning supplies!?? HAHAHA!:lol:

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow. And to think I went and bought all those heirloom seeds for nothing. I guess I'll just allow my 5000sf garden to go back to lawn. :/ It sure will be easier to take care of that way. I guess I can take the fence down and let the goats in to eat the peas, carrots, beets, broccoli, and cauliflower that are already in the ground.
Oh BTW, does anyone know where I could get rid of 3-400 mason jars, a couple hundred new lids, water bath canner, 2 dehydrators, and all this other food preservation junk that's taking up so much space on the shelving unit I built in the cellar last year. :idunno

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Wow, what a relief!! So...now I can have that swimming pool installed....and the hot tub....after I get the huge loan...right!?? :lol:
I swear....do they really think we are all that gullible!?? :rolleyes: Keep on squirreling away....we ALL know better! Guess there will be some people standing around saying.." I thought it was over?" :p Oh, just a thought tho...if they want us to believe its over...maybe they will lower the costs of canning supplies!?? HAHAHA!:lol:
Ha! A pool! That is the first thing I thought about when I read this thread! Why put the 401K on the house I will just get a pool instead!!

And yes there are a lot of people who are that gullible just look at all the people who think that life is all good now because Obama is going to pay their morgage and put gas in their tanks!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
Do I sense a bit of "smoker envy"? :lol: :lol: :lol:

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
unclejoe said:
Wow. And to think I went and bought all those heirloom seeds for nothing. I guess I'll just allow my 5000sf garden to go back to lawn. :/ It sure will be easier to take care of that way. I guess I can take the fence down and let the goats in to eat the peas, carrots, beets, broccoli, and cauliflower that are already in the ground.
Oh BTW, does anyone know where I could get rid of 3-400 mason jars, a couple hundred new lids, water bath canner, 2 dehydrators, and all this other food preservation junk that's taking up so much space on the shelving unit I built in the cellar last year. :idunno
Hey unc......I'll take those canning jars and that other junk off your hands. I'm just a nice guy like that. :D

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
PamsPride said:
Do I sense a bit of "smoker envy"? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I saw a small smoker at Home Depot when I was there buying my fruit trees for $159 and I almost picked it up! I was thinking hmm...I have enough $$ left on my gift card but will it fit in the van???
And the thoughts only crossed my mind from oogling your smoker!!!