Recession is over!! New Title: Smokers!

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ahhhh, more Firefly fans! The absolute greatest Sci-Fi show since star trek began! Are you taking orders for Jayne hats, WZ? :lol:

So, now that several months have passed since the recession was officially over :/ , have any of you changed your SS goals? Intensified your work? Slacked off & bought more stuff?

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well, here in Taxachusetts the wise ones who rule us have decided to line their coffers with even more of our money via a 25% increase to our sales tax. So, they've driven yet another nail in the coffin of local business, especially those around the NH border, and bumped business temporarily - until tomorrow morning at 9 am. People are buying what they think they need to today, and during the past week, to avoid that increase. I realize that's mainly just a weak protest :rolleyes: I can't wait to see what the sales figures are for back to school shopping and into September. The economy here is in the tank. Those of us who can shop elsewhere......

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
25% Increase - Picture me holding one hand over my heart and the other in the air and in my best Fred Sanford voice "I'm coming to join you Ethel"

OMG - how do they expect people to pay that?

How come its just us that has to live within our means and not government?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Are you taking orders for Jayne hats, WZ?
I can :D

$35 includes shipping (continental US).

I usually use a wool blend (Wooleze) but sometimes have to improvise to get a good orange.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
2dream said:
25% Increase - Picture me holding one hand over my heart and the other in the air and in my best Fred Sanford voice "I'm coming to join you Ethel"

OMG - how do they expect people to pay that?

How come its just us that has to live within our means and not government?
Umm, I hope I didn't give you the big one.

It's a 25% increase, from 5% to 6.5% - the sales tax isn't going to be 25% (although give them some time and I'm sure they'll push it to that!!)

Plus, alcohol sales are now taxable - they weren't up until now.

At least so far they've left food and clothing out, those are still nontaxable. But don't say that too loud :barnie