Recession is over!! New Title: Smokers!

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
SKR8PN, I have total smoker envy over here. I'm not ashamed to admit it. ;)

I have just found out that I have some neighbors with a pretty big smoker. I'm gonna try and trade them some Amish Frindship Bread in return for using it.

I am so doing the happy dance!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey now, I have a really cool smoker thingy...I got at a local auction. :D Its like the ones you get at Wal Mart...Not sure it was ever used..but..I really have NO CLUE how to use it. Hey, I couldnt pass it up, for $5.00!! Now I need to get brave, and throw SOMETHING in there, and just try it.

cjparker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
justusnak, if you have the brand name and a model number or something else to identify it, you can probably find an online manual through google.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Buy food. Buy ammo.
THEN....Hang onto your hats kiddies, because this ride is just starting on the downhill side........
Good thing I know how to knit my own hat.

As for the market going up the last couple of days, I think the technical term for this is called a "Sucker's Rally"

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Buy food. Buy ammo.
THEN....Hang onto your hats kiddies, because this ride is just starting on the downhill side........

As for the market going up the last couple of days, I think the technical term for this is called a "Sucker's Rally"
BINGO!! Give that girl a cee-garrr. ;)

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Hey now, I have a really cool smoker thingy...I got at a local auction. :D Its like the ones you get at Wal Mart...Not sure it was ever used..but..I really have NO CLUE how to use it. Hey, I couldnt pass it up, for $5.00!! Now I need to get brave, and throw SOMETHING in there, and just try it.
Post up a picture of it and I will give you some hints and tips on using it. I have worn out more smokers than anyone else I know! :lol:

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
Wifezilla said:
Buy food. Buy ammo.

BINGO!! Give that girl a cee-garrr. ;)
I told my mom it is their last ditch effort to suck in the middle class so they can crush them when the market crashes!!

My question is: If the market crashes and our $ is worthless will the gov't checks keep coming every month...like your social security, disibility, food stamps ect???? Or will the gov't say they are bankrupt and quit sending them?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Both?

Some will get checks, some wont, but your money will be useless so it wont matter either way :p

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
My question is: If the market crashes and our $ is worthless will the gov't checks keep coming every month...like your social security, disibility, food stamps ect???? Or will the gov't say they are bankrupt and quit sending them?
As I see it, it is a matter as to what form the "crash" will take. I believe that the market will chug along because things that the human needs to maintain his/her existance always contain some type of value, and in our system, that value is still the dollar bill. The question is always this. Do I have enough currency (in our case, dollars) to buy what I need in the economy that I am in?

I think that the form of the "crash" will be hyper-inflation. When a government runs up deficit upon deficit, inflation is the result. With what is being purposed at the present, and the stimulus packages that have already passed I believe that this will cause hyper-inflation. The social security checks will be there, but they will buy less and less because as long as there are still trees the government will print dollars.

In order to keep things stable, the government will have to exercise more and more control. Since everything in the world is becoming intertwined, we will need a one world money system.

I believe that this one world monetary system will be electronic. That's another story. JMO

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok Uncle Joe where ya been good to see you. I will take the seeds if you need to unload them.

Wifzilla will you make me a hat?

Skr- can you start a thread on smokers and recipes. I have one of those metal barrel ones with a side chamber. It's always used a a bbq, but I need to smoke something. Wait that didn't come out right. :th

I am still Putting up my fence, even though I'm safe and don't need to worry about theft and weirdos.

No New world order, no north American currency, no offence you Canadians ,