Restoring/rescuing a 100+ year old shed. Am I nuts?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So why exactly are there so many bones in the shed? Is this bothering anyone else? It's not like they were buried in the yard...

Kudos to you though, I wouldn't have gotten as far as you have.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm going to ask my landlord when I see him again. I really want to know that myself. He couldn't explain the bones I found around the backyard, when I cleaned that up. These bones have been in the shed a long, long time and I'm curious about them. I really hope I got them all out now.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I think, judging by the size of the bones and skull #1, that they are from a horse or possibly a donkey. The second skull looks like a dog's. I found a broken bone a few days ago that at first looked like a human skull. It was the right size and roughly the right shape, minus the jaw. I was a bit worried until I had a good look at it!

Miss Lydia

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sounds like a graveyard of some sort. we have one on our property for our animals that pass away.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I do too but it's not inside a shed lol. Sumi do you know much about the history of the property? It's interesting watching what you dig up!

Miss Lydia

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Might be some prehistoric animals and the shed was build after. lol always trying to help Sumi financially so she can get her own place and dig there. ;) Just think an ecological dig right in your own back yard.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Sounds like a graveyard of some sort. we have one on our property for our animals that pass away.
These bones seem to have been dumped in there for some reason. I'm going to interrogate my landlord as soon as I see him, don't worry. I was NOT amused when I found that bag of bones yesterday… Not his fault I went digging in there, but gosh, that was unnerving.