ROOSMOM'S JOURNAL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WOW RM

that was a wild rant. but I know what you are saying!
family, HUH????

but remember one thing, his life is his. You do not, and never should, live his life for him. Help, and I mean HELP and not ALL, of the work on the house is one thing, you do not have to do it all. but the biggie, accept that fact that your Help is good enough. it lies with you. be fine with it...what you give him. We all have lives, some good, some bad, some mediocre, some slow, some fast, etc.....let him live his in his own way. not for you ever to make his life into yours for his welfare.

well you know what I mean.

be fine with it. let them live.

their way

even if they complain about this or that, who cares, life is as they "see fit" not for others to fix.

Hmm...but I do understand big time. you want what is best for them...to live good, yet they don't apply themselves up to others standards. let it go....easiest, but sooooooo hard to do.

I know....truly I do...!! :)

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
RM ~ :hugs ~
Brothers ~ they can definitely be a pain in the bottom ~
I loved mine dearly, as abrasive, ignorant, and downright mean as he was....I still miss him. Funny, family can sure get under your skin most of all, cant they! But, cause you are a wonderful person, you will do what you can for them :) cause you love them and cause they are family.
I think it would be good to set your limits with your brother and wife #5 and stand firm. Dont let your anger stay pinned up and turn you bitter, it only hurts you and everyone around you! And you can always RANT HERE! Its a Safe Place!! Isnt it great!!
(Except my sister stalks me and reads what I write and asks what I meant later :lol: )
Tina

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
:hugs Rant away, Roosmom! I know I would...er wait I did LOLOLOL

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks you guys. HEY who is comin to the PARTEEEE? Are we gonna have karaoke? Look at the smoking thread to find out, :lol:

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Thanks for the pasties recipe. I'll have to play around with it and see what I come up with.

Sometimes you feel better if you can just get something off your chest. I agree that you could help them out, just set limits. They have to be responsible for themselves and for the decisions they make. :hugs

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My dad was so proud of me when I told him about the buck. I mean, I have got deer, every year in fact. But this is my first buck. You cant eat the horns. My hubby asked what I wanted to do with the hide. I actually told him I wanted to try tanning, hair on. What was I thinking? *nerves* I do want to do that, so today I will be looking online for a recipe, I know they are out there, it just depends on the recipe. I want something that will have all the ingredients available locally.
I am really glad the buck is hanging in the barn......but I am scared of the processing. I do not want it to taste gamy darn it. If it does turn out like that it will all be a waste. I will probably start processing on Monday or Tuesday after work. I asked hubby if he wanted me to let BROTHER use my blind now that I have got a deer........He said no, geez oh petes, stop with the*cut your nose off to spite your face* stuff.
It is snowing to beat heck out there today. We have about 4" accumulation. I bet the chickies are not going to want to go outside. I am so glad I put plastic around the run, it should help with the heat and I know it will help with the wind.......
Well......off to look up tanning recipes, fudge recipes. Oh yeah I am praying hubby gets a deer, a bigger one than me. He told me last nite to quit rubbing it in, LOL.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I cleaned the kitchen,cleaned the laundry room, shoveled a path, er a couple of paths, in the yard for the chickens. I love my chickies, they can make me forget all the crap in this world, lol. I found a recipe online for tanning my hide. It requires using the brains, but thats ok. I also uploaded pics for mom and dad in florida. They will enjoy showing them to people. Especially the shoveled paths. I made choc fudge today also. It is still snowing.
and I HAVE TO GO BACK TO WORK TOMORROW. :(

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yeah....that's my least favorite time of the week too, Roo...going back to work! :( Let me know about how your tanning comes out. I would like to try this with any sheep or deer skin I come by eventually. I know there are chemicals you can order for doing tanning but I'd like to find a more natural way of doing it, besides just salting it. I would like to keep the fur on one side!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
DH goes back to work tomorrow and I can't wait! He's been a bear all day, even though I fixed him an awesome dinner! :rolleyes:

Latest posts