Savingdogs-Saving the chickens

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
I think that is why you all help me so much. Here, where I can communicate and understand, I can be a normal communicator and a part of the group in the same way I used to be the part of groups of people when I could hear, use the phone and have normal conversations in groups. I cannot tell you all what a lifeline it has been for me to have you to communicate with especially when you are all so interested in what I am, and in my lifestyle. Since I can no longer drive I cannot just pick up and go visit a friend or call someone to chat.......

But you all fill in nicely for that. There is always at least one of you out there, listening. I just wish sometimes I could hug you all.
Thanks, :hugs, SD for you being here, too. There are so many good folks here, it's almost like a great family in itself. No matter what we're all going through, someone here has "been there, done that" and is usually willing to try to help.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
But it feels like I'm getting paid to feel awful and not hear, so as much as I'm celebrating, it is a defeat too. I would never have chosen disability as the way to retire, it runs counter to my nature. I'm more of a worker bee and a talker and love to be in the center of a group of people....or did.
I understand that statement well.

When I got a note from the doctor for a handicap tag on my car I felt quite a bit of relief ... at first. Then I read the part he had signed about this being a PERMANENT disability tag. I just sat down and cried and cried. Sitting around is not my cup of tea either. :(

I am glad you are in the center of my group these days. :D

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
fell tonight. bloody nose, sprained thumb, can't type. fine one minute, felt shoved into carpet the next, stumbled over stuff and landed on my hand. rug burn on my face. dont need dermabrasion on nose anymore. this sucks. hope i don't get black eyes. good thing alex was here to help me. i got blood all over carpet. so hard to milk goats, he helped me do that and then they caught the chickens fro the lady (I took a pain pill). hop tomorrow is better.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
UGH, not fun at all. I'll add to the group hug, so here's one from me. :hugs

Latest posts