Savingdogs-Saving the chickens

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
We'll just stick you in the middle of this ole group hug and HOLD you UP! Tomorrow is always another new day!

I'll pray that today is a smooth one for you. :hugs

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
We'll just stick you in the middle of this ole group hug and HOLD you UP! Tomorrow is always another new day!

I'll pray that today is a smooth one for you. :hugs
x's 2!

Hope you are feeling better this morning! sorry you feel yesterday!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
well i can't type much and can't capitalize without pain...

i did not break my nose thank God thought i did for about an hour there but it is real swollen and goes to one side a little. still don't know quite how that happened, it was what we call "drop attack" but that was a bad one, no warning. smacked my teeth into the carpet too and front ones are sore. thank goodness was inside the house. I will never ride a horse or bike again. too far to fall. worst is really my hand, fell onto my right thumb so milking was sooooooooooooooooooooo hard. thismorning had to do it alone. ouch, my good hand is so sore. but it doesn't hurt when i don't move it so it can't be broken bone, only sprain. it is all swollen too. All hugs appreciated, that was terrifying, what if that keeps happening they will have to put me in a padded cell so I don't fall on sharp objects. I told hubby he needs to put rails on my ramp for me or i will break my neck.

Charlie is gone, he is happy there. my incubator is on lockdown. the temperature in there is going all haywire again, too warm first then too cold, hope they didn't die. these will be my last chicks until my americana roo grows up, will incubate ducks tho

sorry typing weird..... thanks again for all hugs and prayers....you guys are my lifeline to the real world.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
UGH. Drop attacks are the worst! Though when I get them, I always go backwards or sideways. :hugs

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
baby thats how i type all the time! whooot!

i'm so sorry you flopped over. i've fallen before and it just kinda throws you for a loop... of course not saying my tripping is the same as you...but the landing was pretty hard so i'm feelin' ya.

i'm sure your goaties are gonna be patient.

sending you hugs!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
i took a pain pill so i'm doing fine at the moment. mostly worried it could happen the same way again, I keep looking down and thinking Gosh, the sidewalk is pretty hard, etc.

My chicken flock is amazingly calm, I think they like it without all the Buff Orpingtons. I noticed the rhode island red that used to be Charlies favorite thinks she is top bird now. She is molting so it is rather funny that the almost naked chicken thinks her poo doesn't stink.

We are having a hot sunny day. I had to water! I'd say I'm about to fall over but i'd rather skip that.....

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Just getting caught up 'round here. Goodness gracious. I'm so glad you're okay and that it wasn't worse. Hope you're feeling better today.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I am down today and at home again. :/

I hope that you are up and at 'em this morning and feeling fine. :)

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Gosh, FF, are we trading at feeling awful? I'm good at the moment, but that is the disconcerting part about drop attacks, they happen when I'm feeling really good so they are out of the blue. I have to get to my doc and talk about it, I'm so overdue to see him. My nose has a healing abrasion across the whole entire top and is still sore but much better, and my thumb is improved although milking was still painful, mostly because all this overuse on the unhurt side is causing that side to hurt so both hands hurt. This is actually just a normal symptom of Meniere's disease, just never had it effect me so much as it has in the last six to eight months. Dr. Kim will not have a good expression when I tell him, I am sure. He has worked so hard to cure me and I'm proof that they have not licked the disease he has tried so hard with me. I also have huge thanks yous to give them for all the work getting me approved. He had to write a letter and they had to copy my inch-thick chart notes and I'm sure answer a zillion stupid letters like we did, too.

My chicks should hatch tomorrow! I'm trying not to get excited as this was our first incubation and we did a lot of things wrong with the temperature, so even if I get a couple hatch it will be exciting. I am kind of expecting all duds (but none exploded and when I candled the first time they ALL looked to be developing). So we will see. Should there be sounds soon? I doubt I would hear soft sounds but expect the dogs to. Have you guy's dogs reacted to the sound of pipping? I think if this box that has been quietly sitting in this room starts to make noise, Bindi Jo will let me know. And the bird dog, the golden, is in here with me today.

I lost a whole day of sunshine resting yesterday and hope to get some planting done today and clean the rabbit hutches. It is time to sell the bunnies so I want everything looking really spic and span for people who come to check them out. I have a deposit for one, I'm keeping one and I have one male that I need to sell still. They are huge already, I can see how this breed will be good for meat. I need to find out when I can re-breed Sister, she did an EXCELLENT job with her kits and I give her an A+++++.

Latest posts