shortages

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I never shop this grocery store chain, even in Lufkin. But I was already in Groveton, it would be 30 miles to Lufkin and just not worth it. I caught the crud from 15 year old granddaughter. That reminds me, I also got a box of store brand imitation Musinex for $10. The cream was $7. Terrible prices.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@baymule ....Ok....MAYBE you'll consider milking one of those ewes this spring :lol: :lol: I've been after you forever!

Milk, cream, cheese....yep. goat cheese is $1+ an ounce. 🥴
Yeah and @frustratedearthmother ain’t that far away….. I hear she has some nice goats…. When I get ready for mischievous Houdini escape artists, I’ll go see her. :lol:

If I’m gonna milk something, I want more than a cup full.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was in town today, so I priced sheep/goat (4x4 woven wire 4' tall) fence at RK and TSC. TSC had 330' rolls of rebrand for $349.99. RK had 330' rolls of Redbrand, Bekaert and OK brand, all were $349.99.

I think I understand this.. It no longer matters which brand of sheep goat/fence I choose. They are all in stock and they all are too expensive for me anyways 😳

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Going to see if Rural King here can get the rolls transferred from other stores.... or order them for me... at least alot better than TSC right now...

my experience is that they only bring in pallets at a time and probably won't but on the other hand it never hurts to ask and perhaps they want to make some sales up so they'll do it... :) good luck!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gosh!! They have flavor, unlike the grocery store ones!!
Which is why egg lovers prefer them, rather than the better nutrition. Mine free range, yolks are dark! Flavor is very egg. 😁

Haven't seen totally out but, certainly less full ones. Local WM it's $6.99 dz for brown, free range ones. I haven't bought an egg in years...but always check prices. Selling/gifting info. 👍

Funny that egg people want to question price but, goat milk people smile at $8 a gal. Of course goat milk, in stores who carry, is $4.99 a qt.

Saw a media post that some 40million layers were put down due to avian flu tests.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter I looked it up and will make some...have everything on hand. Might make some for DD too.

She'll tell you "too much sugars & too much money".
Its true!

I'll have fresh milk in another month and job work cranking back up. I need to eat breakfast and it's the meal I most dislike to make because I'm always rushing. So leftovers from supper are often the thing. Which is good. But these and scrambled egg muffin casserole are easy and filling. Plus a switch. The oatmeal things can be muffin shapes too. 😁

Let us know how it goes 👍

Just a forwarding going from sugar bomb to "lite" is a gradual process. But now I can taste sugar where I didn't used to before. Mother in law made chilli, I tasted sugar. I asked her if it had sugar. She said just a little to cut counter balance the acidity in the tomatoes. I said oh, but thought to myself that her balancing thingy might be broken.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Latest posts