shortages

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am not one of these "the sky is falling" type of people... but this is very very concerning... the dollar could be worthless in the next few years if this direction keeps up....

the size of the economy is much different between Russia and the USoA... they are about 10-15% in comparison (i think, i've not looked lately). China will trade with whoever gives them a good deal, same with India. isn't that really the basis of the American Way[tm]? anyways, no it's not always an easy time of it but i'm also generally not worried as much as things like this come about.

the USoA is hitting peak production, i don't see that changing much soon. OPEC cutting production just means we'll pick up any slack and make some more profits in the shorter term. we're still going to be selling more natural gas overseas.

generally the faster the transition to electric happens the better for the world as a whole and burning more fossil fuels is going backwards. so there ya go. good luck future peoples, you're going to need it if you live along the coasts... :(

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The earth climate has been changing since forever. What caused it millions of years ago? Not our car emissions! Not fossil fuels. I want a clean environment, but stop the hype, political jockeying for election points and look at history. Climate change is not new.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The earth climate has been changing since forever. What caused it millions of years ago? Not our car emissions! Not fossil fuels. I want a clean environment, but stop the hype, political jockeying for election points and look at history. Climate change is not new.

i do look at history. i also understand science.

it isn't politics and i'm not running for any kind of office.

yes, there have been changes over the many millions of years, but recent changes are certainly from burning fossil fuels along with other things that humans are doing is also adding more CO2 to the atmosphere along with other pollutants.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
IMG_20230403_202656867.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That sounds like a good idea. I’m raising Cornish Cross and the meat bird feed at TSC is $21.99. Two years ago I bought at a different feed store at $11.00. Moved and it’s too far away now and I’m sure their price has skyrocketed too.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Been in the lookout for a KitchenAid all metal grain mill attachment (KGM). I found one on sale for decent price plus free shipping, I received it today. With minor modifications, I got it to flake whole kernel dried corn, as well as grind hard wheat berries into flour. Seems well built and will work for what I want it to do.
IMG_20230417_165505134.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸