shortages

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm certain everyone has seen the crop fails in FL with citrus and temps. I'm not a big OJ person, so not an issue for me but if you are...buy now and freeze!

EVERYTHING is increasing in price. At work today I did resets with the prices of canned biscuits going up 20%...Luncheon meats, don't ask! ;) of course we know, hate, endure, grumble, do without. Grow your own. This IS the year to do it. Find friends with whom you can share/trade products. And it's not just food...I share animal fertilizers with a friend for their garden. It's golden! Time, a talent, etc. Barter is alive and well.
Whomp biscuits going up 20% 🙄

Good advise though, I'll be starting tenders and onions seeds tomorrow. The first week of February seems to be good time for USDA 6B/7A zone.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have plenty of food stores. No garden this year, but have couple of friends with gardens so won’t do without.

Everything else is priced to the moon and back. Diesel for the truck is just obscene. My 500 gallon tank is empty, for moving. I’ll more than likely leave it empty, for moving again. I have a diesel truck, diesel tractor and diesel mule. A tank is so convenient!

I won’t have the storage at Groveton house that I have here. Oh well, maybe I can find an old farm house where the lady of the house once gardened and canned. I don’t want one of those McMansions that it seems everyone builds.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220203-142811.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Went into the store for milk, never do it anymore just pick ups 1-2x per month. Shelves were the barest I have seen them in 2 years. Toliet paper, yogurt, cream cheese, refrigerator biscuits, olive oil, pickles, condiments and pasta were nearly gone. No tomatoes, none. And I wasn't even shopping just saw all this walking back to the milk. It was extremely overwhelming and scarey.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Went into the store for milk, never do it anymore just pick ups 1-2x per month. Shelves were the barest I have seen them in 2 years. Toliet paper, yogurt, cream cheese, refrigerator biscuits, olive oil, pickles, condiments and pasta were nearly gone. No tomatoes, none. And I wasn't even shopping just saw all this walking back to the milk. It was extremely overwhelming and scarey.
wow, I was at a grocery store and Menards today. Toaster Strudel was the only shelf wiped out. That's been for a couple weeks. They are receiving product and it's on sale. IDK what's going on there. That one brand ricotta cheese still out of stock - 4 months now? 5 months? Organic/grassfed milk was still low in stock, but not out of stock. Organic cream was back in stock at a higher price. (really high)

I didn't notice anything else. Menards grocery section was normal.

oh, here ya go! Seems to not be just your store: https://www.waow.com/news/shortages...cle_7054109c-7409-11ec-a226-3bb885883fa7.html

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don’t go in stores very often but I’m noticing a lot of unavailable items when I order my groceries for pickup. My mom said the cat food aisles have been empty for months- I haven’t had any issues getting dog food so I wonder what that’s all about…

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I don’t go in stores very often but I’m noticing a lot of unavailable items when I order my groceries for pickup. My mom said the cat food aisles have been empty for months- I haven’t had any issues getting dog food so I wonder what that’s all about…
Canned pet food has had issues related to the cans. I had to switch one canned dog food from generic to brand name. The other has been unaffected. 🤞 I could manage without, but I appreciate the ease of canned food. It keeps Baymax alive.

Latest posts