shortages

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
And a baby boy would definitely pee on you!
Some of the new cloth diapers are very difficult to get clean and get detergent residue out of them.

@NH Homesteader brings up a great point, when you are sleep-deprived and overwhelmed with child care is NOT the time to learn to cloth diaper. I wanted to use prefolds with my second baby because the laundry is easier, but I didn't learn any of the folds. I was so sleep-deprived I was unable to follow the instructions and learn how to do it!! Get diapers early, get or borrow a life-size newborn doll, and practice before baby is here. The doll isn't going to kick, roll away, or pee on you like the real thing. :gig

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's what I use. I can't tell you how many people tell me "oh just use CLR" except it doesn't work. Didn't work on calcium buildup we had in Virginia Beach, had to use vinegar for that. Doesn't work on rust.

CLR does work, just not as quick or as well. they are all usually pretty hard on my lungs so i don't like to do much with any of them - especially in the tiny utility room where the shower is at. even with the fan on it's still pretty brutal. i need a scuba mask and a hose that goes outside to get fresh air.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here there seems to be a diaper shortage, along with formula. Both of these shortages! scare the crap out of me. Along with bullets of course

When my first child was born, Pampers were brand new! No prefoldeds either. I cloth diapered both of mine. No issues, just extra laundry and fold time for big rectangles of snowy white material. If breast feeding bombs, buy a good dairy goat.

As to proposed law for no meat...not happening here! Cuff me! I can't believe it would pass....and eggs, milk. Nope, not giving up my fresh milk. Not.

No wonder Gate's wife divorced him. :lol: it was the steak, not other women.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hope you're wrong! I heard it would ease up in in early 2022. I guess it will get better when it gets better, lol. So far I haven't really missed anything. Bought all the groceries and feed I needed yesterday - no major shortages here (yet?). Have a pantry that would rival a convenience store lol. If we can't get livestock feed there will be some serious culling going on around here - and lots of bbq!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I have seen different projected timelines based on the type of product and the reason why it's messed up.
  • <6 months for meat, but prices may stay high because of poor growing conditions for crops
  • 1 year for plant foods, depending on the next year's growing conditions
  • IDK why Brazil's poor coffee crop is projected to affect coffee market for up to 3 years?
  • Lumber is almost back to normal price, I sure hope it stays that way
Sounds like mechanical and electronics supple chains are worst off and slowest to recover. Items with many components and items that are bulky/heavy that can't get rerouted on to air shipments.

I haven't seen a projection for tire shortages. This one seems like it could be extremely disruptive if truck and tractor tires can't be replaced during the cargo offloading glut. I sure hope it doesn't turn out that way.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So basically have everyone become vegan....

and the comment about the domestic animals--they need to come to my house because our dog and cat rule the roost--I swear WE move for THEM :ep

But in all seriousness, what happens to all the animals then? If no domestic animals even do all the animals then run free?

Sorry to the OP if this is way off topic too--but this would circle back to shortages in a way that the vegetable and fruit consumption would be a significant increase and how would the farmers deal with the new demand need I wonder?
You are looking at this wrong. It's not about common sense. These are ideas being promulgated by people who want humans to be wiped off the face of the earth (except for themselves of course, because they are sensitive) There are SO many things wrong with these ideas... what about Seeing Eye dogs, etc? What about vast amounts of the earth that CANNOT support agriculture? The fake meat that Bill Gates is promoting is NOT made from vegetable sources, it appears to be a substance that was real meat at some point in the beginning, but is vat-grown instead of meat from animals, and, just like other recent Untested products, I don't trust it. Particularly since Gates himself has stated that he believes it is necessary to reduce the world human population by a significant percentage, by whatever means necessary.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You are looking at this wrong. It's not about common sense. These are ideas being promulgated by people who want humans to be wiped off the face of the earth (except for themselves of course, because they are sensitive) There are SO many things wrong with these ideas... what about Seeing Eye dogs, etc? What about vast amounts of the earth that CANNOT support agriculture? The fake meat that Bill Gates is promoting is NOT made from vegetable sources, it appears to be a substance that was real meat at some point in the beginning, but is vat-grown instead of meat from animals, and, just like other recent Untested products, I don't trust it. Particularly since Gates himself has stated that he believes it is necessary to reduce the world human population by a significant percentage, by whatever means necessary.

Blessed are your eyes, because they see. Blessed are your ears, because they hear. Blessed is your heart, because it cares.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸