Heh heh

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220209-101731_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220209-101731_Facebook.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 73

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Where I buy my off- Rd diesel went up 40 cent a gal a jump Fri night. I'm just "over it". I HATE all these price ups and supply downs but, I have to endure and work through it.

So all my SS background will be called upon to get through it. Garden, preserving, bartering, etc. It'll work. I won't quit my job this year, that's a given! :lol: :lol: :old But seeing my goats bagging up, 9 doz eggs in frig 🤪 😁 :love , a freezer pretty full and enough seed for several families -- it makes me thankful and grateful. I'll make do. Not going hungry. I have a house. Bills are paid. Enough to pay the prices. I'm good!! Still complaining but, hate to have to tighten up without being my choice.

We've got this!! Look around yourself. I Thank God for being where I am in life. :love

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Make a box wall by lining a wall with boxes, hang a sheet over for camo and go thru all when you relocate. Otherwise you'll be kicking your butt as you buy it all again, higher prices or can't even find. Right now decisions may be made in frustration. When you see what room you have at new farm, you can be more rational. 😊
3 bedrooms, 3 closets, all full of stacked boxes. I am decorating with boxes! I’ve unpacked 7 boxes and put away kitchen items, food, etc. Done 4 loads of laundry. I used blankets for packing, they are all clean now. Got my blue jeans out of a garbage bag and put away. Crammed garbage bags of stuff in top of closet and moved some “don’t unpack” boxes and stacked them up. Now where’s that spray paint? Been raining all morning. Cold and wet. I’m eyeing yet ANOTHER kitchen pantry box…..will they EVER STOP????

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Certainly there is frustration, anger, confusion and concerns EVERYWHERE!! It's so bad to see it and can't stop or alter it....after all, most of us are of the "DIY and fix it" mindset. Every facet of life is in upheaval right now. There is no easy or right way to resolve most of it. That's why we look for all the ways we can to survive and maintain what we can. Things will get terribly worse before better. I pray the war portion does not come to America! To me, that is my most dreaded happening.

Each has our own way of dealing but, I think we all agree that some stockpiling to help level shortages is a good effort. We can look around our own farm, community, etc., to make decisions for our own comfort levels for shelter, food and day to day needs should we have catastrophic situations occur. Some cash on hand is a good thing, too.

I think we're all doing great to also know "we can do this"! We know HOW -- many out there don't have a clue.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep, I'm with ya....save all that stuff. Bacon grease is such a flavor boost to cooking!
I do hate that I have to eat four muffins to get a greenhouse though. :lol:

@CrealCritter the milk is flowing here....goats!! 👍. And ricotta cheese is only an hour to make fresh. Price that one next time you shop. Then, the chickens (& pigs) love the whey. If you make lasagna, those cheeses cost! Before long you'll have fresh cow milk. Butter!!! OMG, soooo good fresh. And cheese to make. Yeah, home dairy animals provide so much....plus garden fertilizer.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Golden harvest lid
We have a great farmer's market uptown (a friend is one of the growers) for extra produce. Now that I have convinced the wife the pressure canner won't blow up the house, she wants to can everything and then some. We agreed to set some time aside with no distractions, to look through my canning recipe books to get a list together.

I am wavering on how many jars/lids we should have on hand above and beyond that stuff.
So we went through the canning books independently, wrote down our preferences, and compared lists.
The project manager in me now has the start of a plan to execute. Lol

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Get in the new place, go to a farmers market and get some stuff that you really are getting down on and get canned before the knee replacement.. and there is always stocking up on sales at the groc store... which I still find stuff at "reasonable" prices at our discount Sharp Shopper store... although more than they were, still priced so I can buy 12 or more at a time.
I agree 100%. I didn't have a garden last year and almost gave up on canning. But then I found some awesome roadside produce stands with excellent prices. One of them takes requests for large orders, which was awesome. I was able to put some jars up anyway. It was good for my soul, if nothing else!