shortages

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
CLR does work, just not as quick or as well. they are all usually pretty hard on my lungs so i don't like to do much with any of them - especially in the tiny utility room where the shower is at. even with the fan on it's still pretty brutal. i need a scuba mask and a hose that goes outside to get fresh air.
I put the air purifier on and wear a mask when I use CLR. The problem with it is the sprayer puts streaks on the surface that runs down and cleans only the streaks. I rub it around to try to clean better, but it doesn't work well. I've found that baking soda and vinegar works better.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I put the air purifier on and wear a mask when I use CLR. The problem with it is the sprayer puts streaks on the surface that runs down and cleans only the streaks. I rub it around to try to clean better, but it doesn't work well. I've found that baking soda and vinegar works better.
Have you tried a pumie stick? I have hard water - but not rust - and pumice takes care of it. No toilet cleaner or CLR type product needed.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
guess it will get better when it gets better, lol. So far I haven't really missed anything.
- no major shortages here (yet?). Have a pantry that would rival a convenience store lol
Similar here.... 😁 if I had to stay home beginning tomorrow, I'd be ok. Animal feed would suffer at some point if I couldn't get far off farm. Well, they'd be on self forage, hay and water! Actually, I have about 100 acres around me that are normally fallow all winter...so self forage would be available for scrap growth. :hide:idunnoIf SHTF happened.

As to recovery of supply chains...so unpredictable!! There's a good amount of commercial growing of food crops in my general area of a couple hundred miles to sustain this portion of the country.....not long distance transport, etc. Even animal feed. Those portions of the country with floods, burns, desolate lands even without those things -- those areas are desperate! We have tremendous numbers of chicken, turkey, beef, hog and goat growers! I'm only 30 miles from Smithfield pork, 100 miles from Perdue.....yeah the big guys! I can see international paper from my front porch...lumber a paper pulp. And live 50 miles from Atlantic ocean and Chesapeake Bay...crabs, clams, oysters, fish.

Military presence here is EVERYWHERE....ships and air support. No doubt there is a priority of sorts for supplies.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You are looking at this wrong. It's not about common sense. These are ideas being promulgated by people who want humans to be wiped off the face of the earth (except for themselves of course, because they are sensitive) There are SO many things wrong with these ideas... what about Seeing Eye dogs, etc? What about vast amounts of the earth that CANNOT support agriculture? The fake meat that Bill Gates is promoting is NOT made from vegetable sources, it appears to be a substance that was real meat at some point in the beginning, but is vat-grown instead of meat from animals, and, just like other recent Untested products, I don't trust it. Particularly since Gates himself has stated that he believes it is necessary to reduce the world human population by a significant percentage, by whatever means necessary.
Why is it these population reduction creeps don't help out by jumping off a high bridge to concrete below and get run over by an 18 wheeler?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
The population has been and is decreasing. Some intentional, some due to poor health and fertility problems. Populations decrease exponentially, so there is more concern about it decreasing too quickly. My generation could face lack of younger health care and personal care workers as population shrinks. Clearly the current population is unsustainable, but nature is taking care of it. Poor nutrition = lower fertility. Shortages, economic instability, and natural disasters dont inspire procreation either.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The population has been and is decreasing. Some intentional, some due to poor health and fertility problems. Populations decrease exponentially, so there is more concern about it decreasing too quickly. My generation could face lack of younger health care and personal care workers as population shrinks. Clearly the current population is unsustainable, but nature is taking care of it. Poor nutrition = lower fertility. Shortages, economic instability, and natural disasters dont inspire procreation either.
Don’t worry I can obviously singlehandedly take care of the population shortage. 🤣

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score