shortages

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Always the bigger! 😁 less need to add on later!
I will have to take my DH out to the coop and give him a visual as to the why, then he can ponder the how,
The woman that lives in the home we are going to buy from, went over to my son & daughter in-law yesterday with her 15 hens,,,,,,, HOLY COW! my sweet girl now has 30 hens, I said to her that was way to many in her coop, maybe freeze a few. they just tossed them in:eek: I said honey, they are going to fight,,, she says 11yr old GS was in there an hour keeping the peace :gig poor buddy,,,, my son got home from work AFTER the fact :fl he knew they were coming, but wasn't there to help ------ Cup #3

So,, ya,,, I dont know what they will wake up to,, she said my DS will have to add another roost in the coop today :lol: oh my poor baby hahahahahah

and yes, when he built the coop his mamma said, hon` its to small

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Stores stocked well. Wallyworld paper towel section was sparse relatively speaking. Plenty of flat screen TVs available, still. I don't wander the stores much any more, preferring to get in and get out quickly. Wasn't missing anything I was looking for

to me this is the hardest time of the year to try to get me to go shopping. almost everything i dislike about it happens the day after TG and goes on for the next month. i know we have to do a bulk food run sometime coming up here but i'm not looking forwards to it. i big fluffy hat and ear muffs to cut the noise by 95% would be great.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
to me this is the hardest time of the year to try to get me to go shopping. almost everything i dislike about it happens the day after TG and goes on for the next month. i know we have to do a bulk food run sometime coming up here but i'm not looking forwards to it. i big fluffy hat and ear muffs to cut the noise by 95% would be great.
agree!! I hate going to the market ,

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not a shortage as in can't find any but price increase. I order oyster shell flakes from Scratch and Peck-girls will only eat the flakes not the pebbles--this spring $12 a bag, this fall $16, went to order some today and they are $19.95 and you still can't add them to on-going reorders due to supply. Thankfully I can mix in their shells to so they last a bit longer but YIKES.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Not a shortage as in can't find any but price increase. I order oyster shell flakes from Scratch and Peck-girls will only eat the flakes not the pebbles--this spring $12 a bag, this fall $16, went to order some today and they are $19.95 and you still can't add them to on-going reorders due to supply. Thankfully I can mix in their shells to so they last a bit longer but YIKES.
Interesting! Sounds like this is a weather-related problem + less restaurant demand for oyster + more demand for oyster shell because of increase in backyard chickens in 2020/21.

Latest posts