shortages

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ha I know very little about the stock market, I’m afraid I wouldn’t have much to contribute! I just find it interesting to learn what makes things happen.
The DOW was down this afternoon, glad to see it recover by the time the bell ringed.

I had a very short (by choice) consulting gig at Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) when I was alot younger. That place is absolutely crazy!

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
After all the shortages of canning jars and supplies, I was surprised to see this today.

210BE9EB-DDA0-4F63-968F-1EAE422483F7.jpeg

9FE7F596-4F1A-4865-8C53-1C78478782CC.jpeg

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The DOW was down this afternoon, glad to see it recover by the time the bell ringed.

I had a very short (by choice) consulting gig at Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) when I was alot younger. That place is absolutely crazy!

The surge if I understand correctly was a result of Russia sanctions being announced before the market closed that resulted in margin calls on several firms heavily involved in Russia.

My wife has been heavily following the market on a daily basis for over a year now. Some shenanigans on shorting stocks are being investigated by the authorities.

I know enough of the details and mechanics to know my head would explode if I had to do it as a full time gig.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The surge if I understand correctly was a result of Russia sanctions being announced before the market closed that resulted in margin calls on several firms heavily involved in Russia.

My wife has been heavily following the market on a daily basis for over a year now. Some shenanigans on shorting stocks are being investigated by the authorities.

I know enough of the details and mechanics to know my head would explode if I had to do it as a full time gig.
🤯 you understand... If you're really interested in the MERK, I suggest just going to the observation deck and watch for a while. Videos/Movies don't do it any justice. You can't experience the "atmosphere" through a screen. But there is no mistaking it, when you are there in person.

Last edited:

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
After all the shortages of canning jars and supplies, I was surprised to see this today.

View attachment 18338

View attachment 18339
There are people here that would buy a pallet of them at those prices ....
My friends here that make apple butter and sell at the Fall apple butter festival here at the old grist mill I used to work at, go through over 40 dozen jars.... that would be quite a savings for them. Too bad I am not planning a trip to Texas soon....that's about $4/doz less than here....

Latest posts