shortages

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep, I'm with ya....save all that stuff. Bacon grease is such a flavor boost to cooking!
I do hate that I have to eat four muffins to get a greenhouse though. :lol:

@CrealCritter the milk is flowing here....goats!! 👍. And ricotta cheese is only an hour to make fresh. Price that one next time you shop. Then, the chickens (& pigs) love the whey. If you make lasagna, those cheeses cost! Before long you'll have fresh cow milk. Butter!!! OMG, soooo good fresh. And cheese to make. Yeah, home dairy animals provide so much....plus garden fertilizer.
It'll be nice to have fresh milk. We are just waiting for cow and heifer to drop their calves.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug that garden looks like a park!! Great job🤗🧡

@NH Homesteader you know how to stopping missing that milk :hide :lol:

@CrealCritter I can't wait for your report on the whole experience of milking. ;) :love
I've said this before... I ain't milking no cow. I know... But just wait and you can laugh at me when I do milk a cow, because I already know it's gonna happen.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We don't use a lot of milk so don't need a large dairy animal like a cow or goat. But there just don't seem to be any dairy rabbits out there.

soy milk isn't too bad and while i've not tried oat milk i do like oat meal so i think i'd be ok with it too. :)