smoking or Not.......

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Good job on not giving in to the urge today, roosmom.

DuppyDo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You can do this. I smoked for over 18 yrs and quit cold turkey. It was one of the hardest things i've ever done in my life..They say, quiting smoking is as hard as a drug addict trying to quit heroin..
I believe it...! Not only the amazing amount of money saved by quiting, your giving yourself a chance at living a longer , fuller life...
It's true, theres nothing worse than a reformed smoker...lol...i can't stand the smell of cigs,and the smell actually starts to make my throat close up...! Now thats scarey..! It took me many attempts to finally be able to walk away from tabacco, but i kept trying, and i got it..Best wishes for success...!! Kevin

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am at work.......doing my work (yesterday). And out of the blue, I want a cigarette. I want it bad. I can smell it. I can taste it.
I AM NOT GOING TO DO IT. I DO NOT WANT IT, I DO NOT NEED IT, IT WILL MAKE ME SICK, IT WILL GIVE ME A HEADACHE AND MAKE ME NAUSEATED.
Good luck, post to this all you want, if it helps. Do not give in, do not give up. I'm with ya!!
Oh yeah, still smoke free!!!!! :D

ldburton

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Keep claiming that victory. Blessings to all fighting this battle. You can do it.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
YOOOHOOO RTRchick........Hows it goin? You know what I am talking about. :bouquet

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yesterday, I gave into temptation. But today. I haven't had one at all. I even said no thanks when I was offered one. I figure if I go the whole day without one, I'll have some delicous sugary wonderful treat that I'm always depriving myself of. Plus I don't have any, and I have a full tank of gas so I'm not gonna be tempted to buy any while I'm at the gas station.

How's it going for you roosmom? I know your doing good. I see you haven't had one in a while. Almost a whole month right?

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I havent been keeping track. I just been letting my chickies keep me busy. No I havent had one. I have wanted to.
Just a word of warning........rewarding yourself with a sugary treat is fine, but hoepfully you are not like me and be unable to stop at one.
Oh and one sugary treat does not mean a bowl of chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips and Nestle Quick poured on top, ROTFL.

GOOD JOB :D

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
good thing your chickies are keeping you busy! Probably is better to not constantly think about it, because then you dont get to wanting one.

I'm so stressed I just want one to relax for about 5 mins. But I shall resist.

Ahhh come on, your taking all the fun out of the sugary treat. Chocolate on Chocolate is the best stuff ever!

Latest posts