smoking or Not.......

ncnative

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I am so thrilled that ya'll have quit smoking!!! It is soooooooo hard but it is possible!!

I quit about 6 years ago........ I quit for 10 years, got divorced and started back for 4 years and now I intend to never pick one up again. I have to tell you, though, there will be times, years down the road, that you will catch a whiff of a cigarette and it will smell SOOOO good!! DON'T DO IT!!!!

Once you can just say "NO" you have it beat!!

Good luck!! I know you will feel much better! I have about 75% less colds and upper respiratory illnesses now, too.

Cyndi

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DH and I decided to quit new years eve(what a choice!!) 1999. We wanted to start off fresh, so to speak. We got a box of the patches to share. He was working out in the field in construction building commercial buildings. He wore the patch 1/2 a day, it kept coming off from him sweating. I used the rest of the box. He didn't have even a hit from a cig! Me, I kept cheating, having one or two here and there, mainly at parties, drinking(my weakness when it came to smoking). But I quit in Aug of 2000. One of the main things that incouraged us was DH figured that if we both quit we would be saving $3,000!!! That was when they were only $2.50 a pack!! I don't know how much they are now, but I can imagine how much we'd save now. We both smoked about 1 1/2 pks. a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

If you can figure out how much you'd save in a year, you can decide on something you've been wanting but didn't want to spend the money on(hopefully something fun and/ or frivolous). At the end of the year of not smoking, buy it! Go on vacation, something. But keep thinking how much your saving, very incouraging, also upsetting to know how much money you are wasting every year.

Good luck to all three of you, I am pulling for you!

I smoked for 32 yrs!! If I can do it so can you.

Monica

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
mmmm i'm enjoying my ice cream covered in chocolate! how bout yall

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
oooo I just found a program at work that helps you to quit smoking for free! You get a coach to call you and stuff. I hope I don't get laid off so I can use it :)

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Anything that helps.....I have had to buy (yes I know I dont have to) hubbys cigs twice now. The urge has been almost overwhelming. NO NO NO. I DO NOT WANT TO START.

So how is every one else doing with this?
RTR? Morelcabin?

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
roosmom - I am not doing very well. I have been sneaking. Well, maybe not sneaking, just cheating. Thats the bad news. The good news is I am still determined to try. Plus I have some of those One Step at a Time filters that I used last year to try and quit. Filter number 4 is like sucking air. It filters out 90 percent of the tar. So even though I am cheating I am using that filter to cheat with. For me I think it is more the habit than the addiction.
Sometimes I just sit and hold the cigarette without lighting it. Funny, that will calm my urge and make me perfectly happy. I can use the same cigarette all day. This is definately the hardest thing I have ever done.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank you 2dream, now just put the cigarette down, lol. I have did what you are doing for almost two years. I just kept dragging it out, thinking I was helping. Patting myself on the back and offering my self......excuses. No I am not trying to offend you. I am just saying....dont nickel and dime it girl...like NIKE says "JUST DO IT"
lol

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Good to hear roosmom- too bad your husband is not ready to go with you- that is hard.
I keep pushing those good thoughts at you- it will soon be your first year of non-smoking. A clean slate. :fl
Dang those evil things anyway.......... :hugs