smoking or Not.......

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
roosmom said:
SINCE YOU BROUGHT IT TO MY ATTENTION lol. I looked back and I quit on 9-19-08. So that makes it 1month and 16 days.
:weee

what about the rest of the clan who were quitting with me? :idunno
AWESOME !!!! I hope to be done soon...got that cd in the mail yesterday. I think it has potential...it basicly repeats about 150 phrases 3x each so they will eventually sink in. I have been listening to it:>) Eventually it is suposed to change your mind completely about your smoking habit...but so far it has only succeeded in motivating me to clean the house lol!
(something to do with the phrases it has about how clean you feel when you don't smoke...) \anyway \i hope to be done with this habit in 30 days or less. We'll see...I have quit so many times cold turkey that I don't have the energy or the gumption to try it that way again, so I will rely on the power of suggestion this time

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
roosmom said:
SINCE YOU BROUGHT IT TO MY ATTENTION lol. I looked back and I quit on 9-19-08. So that makes it 1month and 16 days.
:weee
Congrats!

conga-rats.gif

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
roosmom that is awesome!!

Morel, I can come up to Canada and help you quit, but you won't want me from a friend when I leave :p

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Congrats!!! Way to go Roosmom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:weee :woot

I have a confession of a little slip up, but honestly it was bama footballs fault! Making me so nervous like that!

But I've been good since and haven't even been thinking about it

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
AHH well that stuff happens. :| JUST DONT LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN :D

This last weekend was really bad for me. I wanted one in the worst way. I could feel myself start turning into this addict who will do anything, say anything to get one. I even considered digging in the butt can we have on the porch that is full of wet soggy nasty butts........just so I could get one.
Luckily I resisted. Just kept my mouth shut (because if I didnt then s*** would have hit the fan) and showered my chickens with love.
All we can do is a day at a time right? Good job RTR, good job.

*this inquisitive look comes over her face as she now she looks around for MorelCabin*

MC, MC hows it goin? CD working? :D

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I need a CD that makes me want to clean the house. Can I borrow it when you are done?

roosmom, I LOVE your chicken avatar. That is SO FUNNY. Cracks me up to look at it.

Good job, y'all. I know it is hard, hard work.

Cassandra

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I hope you dont mind me tellin you why I quit...what finally drove me to it..and it is an addiction, a powerful one. I was 27 yrs old and raising a very high maintenance little boy. I used to cry at night, alone, thinkin he was gonna be the death of me...he almost was a few a times...long story...
I used to smoke like a chimney, at least two packs a day, sometimes three...I could budget smokes into a welfare budget and find other ways to pay my Power and electric, by getting assistance, etc...pretty lousy, huh!!
Then one night, I was especially anxious....my son was asleep in bed for a change (he didnt do that a lot)...I'd been chain smoking and was down to my last butt...I had decisions to make....There was a store down the street......
1) Leave a 7 year old diagnosed Pyromaniac at home alone in bed asleep to go to the store to buy smokes.
2) Wake the kid up and drag him to the store at 11:00 pm to go buy smokes.
3) Realize just how stupid it was to have to decide between 1 & 2, get really mad at the power this addiction has over basic principals, including a childs well-being, and GIVE IT UP COMPLETELY.
I havent smoked since. I also got off of Public assistance shortly after as well! My son was in voluntary residential treatment and as an adult has NEVER been in any trouble, he is a FANTASTIC man.
Good luck on your choices, they are never easy to make, but you are not alone.
Tina

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
tfpets- that was a good story- I love when things really do work out. I know, I know- just don't look tooooo closely and enjoy the big picture.

Edit to correct food to good- must have been hungry.