Snapshot--Moving on (A couple of photos added)

BeccaJoVon

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
From everything you've posted, I expected the house to look like that barn.
I can't wait to see more!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Ummm that barn looks like it's probably full of termites and/or very sharp dangerous old rusty nails and such that you could hurt yourself on...I tell ya what...let me get rid of that old eyesore for you, no charge, because we're friends. I'll haul it off and you'll never have to see it again unless you come to my house :lol:

I think the place is certainly doable! I like the house and the big trees....LOVE the big trees. I know, I'm weird, but I noticed the trees first :hu I love huge old trees, they add so much charachter to a place! Can ya tell I hate perfectly manicured "lawns?" I like a YARD, with big trees!! It must be the country girl in me ;) That place is gonna be GORGEOUS!!

Can't wait to see the after photos! :D

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
SSDreamin said:
That roof looks almost new! Did the inside get trashed? Because the outside (in the picture) looks good.

Now, that barn :ep See, I would've just posted pictures of THAT, and watch everybody freak out! :gig

:celebrate I'm excited about it too!
Oh yeah, the inside is really trashed. Have to have a few windows put in and a couple of sub floors replaced and flooring through whole house. The roof does look new! The barn is coming down.

We are almost at flood stage again at the rv park. Hoping it doesn't continue to rise. It rained lots and hard last night.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Poor old barn...getting torn down :( I'm crazy enough to try to fix something like that up as long as it's structurally sound. :lol: I love the old rustic look and some of the craftsmanship of the old barns you just don't see anymore!

That house is gonna be awesome!

Hope you get to it before the water rises!!! I am so sick of wet weather :p I KNOW you must be too!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Pretty sure the barn is not structurally safe!

The lawyer called BIL and asked him to do a wire transfer of the money today. What?!! He called back and told them he would bring a cashiers check to the closing. Have you ever heard of being asked to send the money early? DH and I wonder if they were gonna try and do something, uh, underhanded. So I will hold the "happy dance" for a few more days!

Supposed to be more rain Friday night and Sat. Tomorrow is a cleaning day and working on my prep binders. Also cooking a roast in the crockpot.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
OOOOh! That does sound fishy!! I have never heard that before. A cashier's check at closing is standard practice.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Not BILs first purchase so hopefully all will go well.

So far a very productive morning. Showered, fixed breakfast for DH and dogs, cleaned the stovetop and kitchen, cleaned bathroom and got a roast in the crockpot all by 7:45am! Now to work on binders after reading what you all are up to!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
We've been warned that we will probably have to move the trailer out tomorrow afternoon due to lots more rain headed this way and north of us. Don't think we can get away with leaving it here this time. Still lots of water standing from 2 days ago.