so, i met a guy...... <3

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ha ha ha!
thats okay you dont have to drive by :lol:
i understand everyone's worries and think of them all the time.
my cousin who lives on the other side of the country (oregon) just found out via facebook and he was sure to message him.
i keep buggin him to put up new pics on his facebook.
and i talked to his sister a little on the phone.
my mom is working alot so i cant go over to her house until thursday... and i dont wanna tell her on the phone... but i dont wanna like keep it from her.. ya know? :/

i'm just scared of her going :ep :th :barnie :somad :rant :hit

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ha ha!
P.I. :lol:
ha ha ha!

going to moms thursday now....
i hate waiting...

BirdBrain

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
One of my dear friends was all excited about this guy she had met online that had "so much" in common with her. I told her she should have him checked out by my friends hubby who is an agent with the FBI. She jokingly relayed my concerns and idea to this guy and never heard from him again. Be very very wary.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Listen to Pat on this one.

go slow, very very very slow

you mentioned depression and 'other health' issues. That would be my red flag.

if you were my daughter and this was 'going down' I would kill ya :lol:

but it might work, and the excitement is obviously there for you and him..............and yes you know WE SAY be careful and YOU ARE-----so don't lose your head on this one.

Be very very careful big time!

If it hits, and he is the guy, then you did great and can tell the grandkids how you met :p----but put it all on being cautious and taking your time.

When you do get to meet him etc. you will know. But don't feel obligated in any way to continue this relationship if YOU FEEL anything weird...Run for the hills LOL

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Hey Ohiogoatgirl - listen to the gals giving you advice here. ;)

I'm a middle-age guy and I'm creeped out by the situation you're describing.

Don't let your wanderlust or desire to escape your present situation blind you to the reality that your friends here are trying to share with you.

Yes, you're a big girl, and can make your own decisions, but there are decades of life experience and wisdom here. :)

:old There, I feel better now. Please resume your regular discussion. thank you. :old

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
aggieterpkatie said:
I live in MD and he's about my age. Maybe I could do a drive by of his house? :lol:
You know...that's really not a bad idea! We do that in animal rescue all the time; a rescue group will ask someone in the area to do a "home visit" to check out a potential adopter. :lol: ;)

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
thanks
and i am taking in this all
i appreciate other people's opinions
and i'm being SUPER-DUPER CAREFUL!!! :D i swear!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
aggieterpkatie said:
I live in MD and he's about my age. Maybe I could do a drive by of his house? :lol:
You know...that's really not a bad idea! We do that in animal rescue all the time; a rescue group will ask someone in the area to do a "home visit" to check out a potential adopter. :lol: ;)
I thought it was a great idea too, if they are in the same area, I would def. go for it. you never know. He could be great, or he could be burying puppies in his backyard, ( or cooking meth, or pimping hookers.... I know--wild imagination,) but then again, you never know with iternet dating. ehn chatting online, you ar in a controlled environment,and you CAN hide things.

Come on, lets put aggieterpkaite.p.i to work :D

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
So can you give me a general area in MD that he's in? I mean, if he's across the state there's no way I'm driving that far. LOL. Can you tell me a county? Or PM me a town? I swear my lips are sealed!