1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Solutions for a pecker - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

So, tell me about the Diva cup.

Discussion in 'Frugal Living - Making and Saving Money' started by Bettacreek, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Sep 28, 2010
    Bettacreek

Bettacreek Almost Self-Reliant

I could never stand the pads. Only time I ever used them was after I had the kids. Thankfully I only needed "protection" for 13 days for the first kiddo and 9 for the second, and I was completely done bleeding and spotting. Some people bleed for six freaking months!!! Anyways, when I use pads (disposables), no matter what brand, shape, whatever, I feel like I'm wearing a diaper. No thanks!

2. Sep 29, 2010
    Wildsky

Wildsky Femivore

Make a pattern using a disposable pad. Just trace it out on paper.

3. Sep 29, 2010
    dragonlaurel

dragonlaurel Improvising a more SS life

I hated using disposable pads too. I made mine out of thick t shirt material for the outside layers and use layers of towel material inside. No plastic- ey stuff at all. Doing a couple rows of stitching makes the pads much thinner. Made them with wings and sew on snaps so they stay in place easier.

4. Oct 3, 2010
    colowyo0809

colowyo0809 Lovin' The Homestead

:lol: :lol: :lol: :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :lol: :lol: :lol: :hide

please don't :smack me! I'm not laughing at any of you lovely ladies!! but, I am one of those people who has a movie screen in their head and sees the action while they are reading it! and some of the descriptions ya'll were giving were freaking great! oh, my, I love women! (purely platonically of course! :lol: )

5. Oct 3, 2010
    tortoise

tortoise Wild Hare

Reporting in: most fun and fabulous period ever. No leaks, no drips (first ever) :woot

I even was brave enough to wear white underwear. (successfully!)

I seriously think this is the most amazing invention ever and it doesn't get enough credit or appreciation.

6. Oct 28, 2010
    tortoise

tortoise Wild Hare

OMG, I love this thing, lol :gig

My fiance finally found out about it yesterday. The look on his face was priceless. Septic system here, so no tampons. And I CANNOT express how DISGUSTING I think pads are.

7. Oct 28, 2010
    Wildsky

Wildsky Femivore

:gig speaking of septic, heck was I totally P'd off a while ago - ours got full or something, anyhoo - we called someone out and my hubby had told his parents about it, his father had the NERVE to ask if I was throwing PADS in the toilet - what a damn JERK - hell I was so friggin MAD.

I told my hubby he should have asked his parents if, when they were visiting us they were throwing their DEPENDS in our toilet!!! :rant

8. Oct 28, 2010
    jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Enjoys Recycling

Okay I'm forty years old and have never heard of this before. Now I'm very interested I have extremely heavy periods so maybe this will finally make that time of the month better. Besides you guys make it sound like a new sport or something lol.

9. Oct 28, 2010
    colowyo0809

colowyo0809 Lovin' The Homestead

My partner, CJ, works at a natural grocery store, Vitamin Cottage, as the Health and Beauty Manager. A customer special ordered this through him, after I told him about this thread, and the day it came in I happened to stop by as he was pulling it out of the box! While I applaud anything that makes that time better for ya'll, they could have found a better way to package it instead of making it look like something for barbie!

10. Oct 29, 2010
    Damummis

Damummis Microfarmer

Boy!!! I SO needed this..............

I was about to push people in on comming traffic PMS is so bad. But you all almost made me pee myself laughing. I gotta try this thing. I use to use instead cups but I can't find them here. I hate mouse mattresses. http://www.hulu.com/the-fortune

Thanks again.