So, tell me about the Diva cup.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I could never stand the pads. Only time I ever used them was after I had the kids. Thankfully I only needed "protection" for 13 days for the first kiddo and 9 for the second, and I was completely done bleeding and spotting. Some people bleed for six freaking months!!! Anyways, when I use pads (disposables), no matter what brand, shape, whatever, I feel like I'm wearing a diaper. No thanks!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
tortoise said:
Bettacreek said:
If you can have sex, you can use a diva cup.
Very true. :) It's more comfortable than a tampon. As in, I totally and completely forget about it. I don't feel like I have a period at all except for the 30 seconds when I wash it out! :p

I've read that cloth pads are much more comfortable than disposable. They're made with layers of flannel and a waterproof backing. You can make them to YOUR shape too! I'm sure you could find patterns and directions online. :)
Make a pattern using a disposable pad. Just trace it out on paper.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I hated using disposable pads too. I made mine out of thick t shirt material for the outside layers and use layers of towel material inside. No plastic- ey stuff at all. Doing a couple rows of stitching makes the pads much thinner. Made them with wings and sew on snaps so they stay in place easier.

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol: :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :lol: :lol: :lol: :hide

please don't :smack me! I'm not laughing at any of you lovely ladies!! but, I am one of those people who has a movie screen in their head and sees the action while they are reading it! and some of the descriptions ya'll were giving were freaking great! oh, my, I love women! (purely platonically of course! :lol: )

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Reporting in: most fun and fabulous period ever. No leaks, no drips (first ever) :woot

I even was brave enough to wear white underwear. (successfully!)

I seriously think this is the most amazing invention ever and it doesn't get enough credit or appreciation.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
OMG, I love this thing, lol :gig

My fiance finally found out about it yesterday. The look on his face was priceless. Septic system here, so no tampons. And I CANNOT express how DISGUSTING I think pads are.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
tortoise said:
OMG, I love this thing, lol :gig

My fiance finally found out about it yesterday. The look on his face was priceless. Septic system here, so no tampons. And I CANNOT express how DISGUSTING I think pads are.
:gig speaking of septic, heck was I totally P'd off a while ago - ours got full or something, anyhoo - we called someone out and my hubby had told his parents about it, his father had the NERVE to ask if I was throwing PADS in the toilet - what a damn JERK - hell I was so friggin MAD.

I told my hubby he should have asked his parents if, when they were visiting us they were throwing their DEPENDS in our toilet!!! :rant

jbowyer01

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Okay I'm forty years old and have never heard of this before. Now I'm very interested I have extremely heavy periods so maybe this will finally make that time of the month better. Besides you guys make it sound like a new sport or something lol.

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My partner, CJ, works at a natural grocery store, Vitamin Cottage, as the Health and Beauty Manager. A customer special ordered this through him, after I told him about this thread, and the day it came in I happened to stop by as he was pulling it out of the box! While I applaud anything that makes that time better for ya'll, they could have found a better way to package it instead of making it look like something for barbie!

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Boy!!! I SO needed this..............

I was about to push people in on comming traffic PMS is so bad. But you all almost made me pee myself laughing. I gotta try this thing. I use to use instead cups but I can't find them here. I hate mouse mattresses. http://www.hulu.com/the-fortune

Thanks again.