So, tell me about the Diva cup.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Whew! I'm normal! lol

I do the "classic" fold in the instructions. (fold in half, fold in half again) and insert it with the folded side facing up. Do the rotate thing. Pretty slick.

I have to say this is the cleanest, most comfortable and worry-free period ever. (I don't get cramps or PMS-y. Don't hate on me now! :lol: ) And I don't feel the compulsion to wear black underwear. (But I'm not brave enough to wear the pretty ones.

I sent my sister an email asking he for her holiday gift wish list. I warned her that if she doesn't come up with something for herself, she's getting a diva cup!

:gig

I am convinced that EVERY woman, worldwide NEEDS one of these. I'm planning on buying some for friends.

:lol:

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I tried the twist method, but it doesn't work for me. I need to physically allow air in there, lol. Otherwise it just suctions shut and doesn't fully deploy, then I get blood everywhere. :rolleyes:

As for everyone getting one, I agree. At first when I heard of them, I was like, ewww, that's freaking disgusting! Then I was like, yanno, I eat some nasty stuff, and I stick my hands in even nastier stuff, a little bit of my blood going down the bathroom sink is really no biggy. SOOO much cheaper this way, so much more convenient (once you figure the damn thing out, lol) and much more comfortable. Now, I'm contending with the NuvaRing AND the Diva Cup. In the beginning I wasn't bleeding enough to need to use anything, then I ended up taking it out (I tried to keep it in the solid four weeks instead of just three) and using the diva cup. Today was the day to put the new ring in, but I think I'm back down to not needing anything. At least I'm HOPING! Cross your fingers for me that I don't end up with an accident, lol. Hopefully next month I don't bleed, or I can work around needing the two different pieces of silicone in the cooter issue somehow, lol.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
I tried the twist method, but it doesn't work for me. I need to physically allow air in there, lol. Otherwise it just suctions shut and doesn't fully deploy, then I get blood everywhere. :rolleyes:
:/ Same here, I feel I need a straw to allow the dern thing some air....

Really annoys me when newbies get it right away.......... :th :tongue :tongue

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
Bettacreek said:

Lol. I know! Need a freaking snorkel to put in a diva cup, lol.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
Wildsky said:
Bettacreek said:

Lol. I know! Need a freaking snorkel to put in a diva cup, lol.
:yuckyuck :gig

Best laugh of the day, thanks ladies! I dunno.... it was really easy.

:idunno

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
oh oh oh oh! Hang on!

2020 X-Games. You get a snorkel and a diva cup in a swimming pool. eXtream Yoga.

You can use the snorkel anyway you please, but if you come up for air before completing 3 poses and a successful Diva placement, you're eliminated!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
You gave me the best laugh I've had all day.
I thought about getting a cup, but I don't know if I will be having periods much longer. Ended up making a few styles of cloth pads and really liked them.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I could never use one of those things. I can't even use tampons...much less a megahuge frickin cup thingy shoved up there! I wanted to try one, but them remembered WHY I use pads...may go for some of the homemade reusable pads. Glad this works for some folks though.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
oh oh oh oh! Hang on!

2020 X-Games. You get a snorkel and a diva cup in a swimming pool. eXtream Yoga.

You can use the snorkel anyway you please, but if you come up for air before completing 3 poses and a successful Diva placement, you're eliminated!
Ha! I'd end up drowning!
Wannabe, after having two kids, a silicone cup that folds up as small as it does is no biggy. If you can have sex, you can use a diva cup.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
If you can have sex, you can use a diva cup.
Very true. :) It's more comfortable than a tampon. As in, I totally and completely forget about it. I don't feel like I have a period at all except for the 30 seconds when I wash it out! :p

I've read that cloth pads are much more comfortable than disposable. They're made with layers of flannel and a waterproof backing. You can make them to YOUR shape too! I'm sure you could find patterns and directions online. :)