So, tell me about the Diva cup.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I have issues getting my tampon out without pain during my lighter days and I hate pads. So is it relatively comfortable when taking it out and inserting it, especially on lighter days?

mandieg4

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Much easier, because its made out of silicone it can't absorb anything. In fact a friend of mine usually puts her's in the night before her period is supposed to start. I can't do that because mine is so irregular, my cycle can range anywhere from a 21 to 38 days.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
when i was still having my period, i used the natural sponge tampons. you boiled them after use and reused them. they worked great for me.

never used a cup though.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
I have issues getting my tampon out without pain during my lighter days and I hate pads. So is it relatively comfortable when taking it out and inserting it, especially on lighter days?
I have the same issue. I have only ever used pads after giving birth to the boys. Sorry for a TMI moment, but, well, you can't use pads if you don't wear skibbies. Mine can be heavy enough that I have to change a tampon every 4 hours, but usually, I don't have to change it because of absorbancy issues, but because of the 8 hour time thinger. A lot of the time, I don't even have to wear a tampon or pad, it's just so light. I think I just may order one. I have $15 in Amazon GC's, so it'd be like $10. That's the price of two boxes of tampons, which would, honestly, probably last me till the end of the year anyways, lol.

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm seriously thinking about giving this a try. I'm in the "my period is either really heavy or really light" crowd and it's just a mess sometimes. Mine can vary from cycles that I can get away with wearing lights the whole time and others where I have to change a super plus every hour. It's ridiculous. Anyway, I've been looking into these for a while but hadn't heard any reviews one way or the other. The thought of being able to change it without a tampon sticking where it needn't stay is highly appealing.

Amazon has them, too, I noticed.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just ordered mine. $10.95 shipped. That's after my $15 in gift cards. Hopefully all goes well. Thanks guys!

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
I just ordered mine. $10.95 shipped. That's after my $15 in gift cards. Hopefully all goes well. Thanks guys!
:th
We are not going to talk about what I paid for mine.
Whole foods=whole paycheck :p

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Occamstazer said:
Bettacreek said:
:th
We are not going to talk about what I paid for mine.
Whole foods=whole paycheck :p
I know!!!!-- I had one in my hands last year, and it was like $30 or something along that amount.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yeah, it said something about original price being $30 something. To be completely honest, I would never pay more than $15 for one. If I hadn't had the gift cards, I wouldn't have bought it. I'm just too much of a cheap arse. :/ Hopefully this thing works.

redux

Off to other pastures
Reaction score
That is the only thing that stopped me from ordering-someone posted a link on the other thread and it was around $35. I am 52. I am hoping not to have to make it last another 5 years. :)